Feria d'Arles - Winter SALE

Started by Privateer Puddin', Fri 06/12/2019 13:09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Privateer Puddin'

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgP4grIqiHA

Story:

Help Molly achieve her dream of entering the legendary Feria d'Arles - France's greatest bullfighting competition. Meet, betray, and generally become a nuisance to a host of characters. Point and click your way around the French city of Arles, famous for:

• bull fighting
  • being difficult to pronounce
  • being where Van Gogh cut his ear off (and painted some masterpieces, I guess.)

With glorious pixel-art animation and quirky puzzles, this is a small game about a girl with big dreams.

Price: $3.99

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1181570/Feria_dArles/

Itch: https://tomsimpson.itch.io/feria-darles

Screenshots:

Ben X

Congrats, this looks gorgeous and fun! Reminds me visually of the Gobliiins games.

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 06/12/2019 13:29:06
Congrats, this looks gorgeous and fun! Reminds me visually of the Gobliiins games.

Thanks Ben! Long time fan of your games :)

CaptainD

Congrats on the release Tom!   8-)

Click'd

I'm trying to avoid Steam, but...
10% discount 2.96 â,¬

Itch
Discounted price after tax and "translated" from dollars 3.85 â,¬

Any idea how this works? Is it the "hipster" add-on?

Privateer Puddin'

Hmm! I am not sure. On both backends, I enter $3.99

Steam then converts and lets me manually change a conversion if I wish per currency.

Itch just does its thing.

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release!
Hope it sells like pastis... I mean hot cakes.  (laugh) !
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Jojo_the_monkey

Many congratulations on the release Tom! ;-D
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

cat

Congrats on the release! Is there DRM in the Steam version and does it require the Steam client? I'm thinking about where to buy.

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 06/12/2019 14:43:28
Congrats on the release!
Hope it sells like pastis... I mean hot cakes.  (laugh) !

Thanks! And thanks again for all your help. You're one of the few that when they see the garage, they'll see llamas :)

Quote from: Jojo_the_monkey on Sat 07/12/2019 08:17:29
Many congratulations on the release Tom! ;-D

Thanks Jojo! Dunno if you got the game yet, but have you found the jojo the monkey reference in there??

Quote from: cat on Sat 07/12/2019 19:27:30
Congrats on the release! Is there DRM in the Steam version and does it require the Steam client? I'm thinking about where to buy.

There isn't any Steam DRM / doesn't require the Steam client. Both versions have steam dlls where I did the achievements, but if any issues please send me a PM :)

Creamy

Congrats on the release.

I've completed one task so far.

A couple of bugs:
Spoiler
- Something changed my baseline in the barber's room. Now, all the walkbehinds are broken.
- I still have the sticky hose after crafting the bagpipes
- The escape key doesn't trigger the main menu. Ctrl+Q works but the main character remains visible. Since there's a picture of Molly in the main menu, that's 2 of them at the same time at different resolutions.
[close]

It's been a treat to play your game after a hard day's work. Lovely stuff   :-D

edmundito

I'm really enjoying it so far but I'm stuck!

Spoiler

- I got my haircut
- I got taller
- Now I need the suit

I got a sticky hose, a pair of scissors, and horseshoes. What am I missing?
[close]
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Click'd

Edmundito
Spoiler
You can get a free bag from the salesman to combine with the sticky hose
There's a flyer on the bus' windshield with a coupon for the hat
[close]
And that's how far I got, myself

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 09/12/2019 22:35:08
Spoiler
- Something changed my baseline in the barber's room. Now, all the walkbehinds are broken.
- I still have the sticky hose after crafting the bagpipes
- The escape key doesn't trigger the main menu. Ctrl+Q works but the main character remains visible. Since there's a picture of Molly in the main menu, that's 2 of them at the same time at different resolutions.
[close]

Spoiler

- This is a bug which I've fixed, but haven't released the update for (was waiting to see if anything else cropped up, but only knew of it happening to 1 other person so far - funnily enough Edmundito! But I'll release the update, which should work without breaking saves.

If you haven't already used the rope on the chair, that should fix it (the bug is with using any inv other than the rope on the chair) or in the updated version a) it shouldn't happen to start with b) using any inv item on the chair will fix it if Molly's baseline is messed up previously)

Hose: That's fine, some items can be used for more than one thing! :)

- I didn't set anything as the escape key, as that can be used to skip cutscenes and didn't want someone doing that accidentally while trying to open a menu. F1 - Options, F5 - Save, F7 - Load as handily demonstrated here (but not anywhere in game yet)
Two Mollies is because of the previous baseline / walkbehind bug, because the interface actually uses characters for a little scaling trick. Once the baseline is solved, you should only see one molly :)

[close]

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 09/12/2019 22:35:08
It's been a treat to play your game after a hard day's work. Lovely stuff   :-D

Great! Glad you're enjoying it :)

Cassiebsg

Wait, what? There's an option's menu?  8-0
Like creamy I've only tried ESC, since that's a "default" key combo, and never thought of pressing F1.

I'm not sure I got to say this, but I think you should have a little GUI to the game to call in the menu/load/save... even if it's a "magical" GUI with just 1 button  in the right upper corner that shows up when the mouse cursor is there.

Privateer Puddin'

Yeah, that's probably the best way to do it. I'll see what fits in.

The options / save / load screens I really like, because if you're playing at something like 3x and above in windowed, or full screen, you'll get to see Jen's high res illustrations even though the game is 320x180 ordinarily.

Cassiebsg

Ah, maybe an options button on the main menu would also be nice. Probably why I didn't realize there was an options menu in the first place.  ;)

Laura Hunt

I already got it yesterday and I plan on playing it this weekend! ;-D

But yeah, I definitely agree with Cassie and Creamy. Pressing Esc to pause the game and show a menu with options, save, quit, etc, is pretty much standard game design these days. Having to learn three different keys for that is just not good UX :-D

WHAM

Congrats on the release! I'll be getting this soon!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Tue 10/12/2019 11:38:57
I already got it yesterday and I plan on playing it this weekend! ;-D

But yeah, I definitely agree with Cassie and Creamy. Pressing Esc to pause the game and show a menu with options, save, quit, etc, is pretty much standard game design these days. Having to learn three different keys for that is just not good UX :-D

F1 does it all, just F5 and F7 go to those sub ones directly :)

Standard AGS keys! Darn kids and their escape keys  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk