Site down?

Started by Snarky, Sun 22/12/2019 11:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

Forums are loading slow for me, not sure if it's my internet or if the website has something, but thought I would report it.

BarbWire

Hallelujah! The site is actually accessible, at the moment.

I did report on the problems, last week, but when the topic
was moved my post mysteriously disappeared.

I hope the powers that be can sort this issue, a.s.a.p

Mandle

Still very choppy connection issues.

Adeel

The site keeps making requests infinitely. It made over 15K requests in just one minute which were blocked by my adblocker. If I let the site keep loading, the number of requests even surpass 100K+.

Spoiler
[close]

cat

Now it is working fine, but in the morning the forum would hardly load and I got the following message on the game db page:

Database connection error: Too many connections
Warning: mysqli::close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/ags/html/includes/functions.php on line 9

Not sure if this is related to the general problem, though.

blur

Quote from: Adeel on Thu 26/12/2019 19:28:48
The site keeps making requests infinitely. It made over 15K requests in just one minute which were blocked by my adblocker. If I let the site keep loading, the number of requests even surpass 100K+.
Are you sure your browser is not part of a botnet? I'd like to look at the request log of ublock, that is the third icon in the ublock popup.

Adeel

Quote from: blur on Thu 26/12/2019 23:30:43
Are you sure your browser is not part of a botnet? I'd like to look at the request log of ublock, that is the third icon in the ublock popup.
You think I'd not have noticed already if that was the case? Thanks for assuming I'm an idiot. Here's the log for your "viewing pleasure":

Spoiler
[close]
It has FB blocked because I have activated Fanboy's Social Media filtering list.

blur

Quote from: Adeel on Fri 27/12/2019 09:51:32
Here's the log
Thanks.
My guess is that this logo gets loaded so many times because of the "onerror" event, that get's triggered ad infinite.
This could be of interest for AGA, perhaps.

Jack

Site seems to be working fine right now, but this issue has returned for me around the time when the slowness began, and continues.

cat

Yes, it seems to be working again, now. Was there maybe some DOS attack against the site?

Racoon

I've had problems with loading the site for the last 2-3 hours. Sometimes the Main Page loaded after a while, but no chance with the forums. Luckily its working again now :)

Khris

Still occasional downtime here, too. The status text says "Performing TLS handshake" before the site fails to load, so my guess is that the server is online in principle, it's just the https connection that borks.

Vincent

Yesterday I also had some really hard times on loading the website.  :(

EDIT: Today I have got this error message from the website, I've never got anything like this before and I am also having hard times today on loading the website as well too:

AGA

Aside from a bit of planned downtime last night, performance seems to now be stable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk