RIP Ghost

Started by cat, Sun 29/12/2019 14:25:47

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

I'm sad to announce that Ghost has passed away.

[imgzoom]https://www.aachen-gedenkt.de/MEDIASERVER/content/LH222/obi_new/2019_12/Bj%C3%B6rn-Ludwig-Traueranzeige-94ec3c19-62ae-4001-a9ef-4bf6a4a46c8f.jpg[/imgzoom]
Link to German obituary page: https://www.aachen-gedenkt.de/traueranzeige/bjoern-ludwig

Even though he was not active for some time anymore, he was still a highly valued member of the community. He delighted us with tons of games and wonderful drawings as well as being just a great guy. I am glad that I had the pleasure to collaborate with him on a few occasions.

I like to believe that he is indeed a ghost now, watching us while baking cakes and arranging furniture in a RAM house.

Farewell, Ghost!

Tabata

It's an honor to have known him and incredibly sad that we've lost him.

Cassiebsg

That is indeed very sad news. Hope that he's at peace now.
I'm happy to have had the opportunity to meet and interact with him, even if only online.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

That is really sad to hear. Goodbye, dude. It was a treat to have known you and played your games.

Slasher

I can't believe it!

RIP my dear friend....

CaptainD

Oh no! Such sad news.  :sad:

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

I am very sorry to hear this,  thoughts going out to his family and friends

Ibispi

Eulogy for Ghost

Once upon a time
You found yourself
In art
And adventure games

You are a Ghost,
The chance of the dead
To be alive
With your blue cup friends

Once upon a crime
You were taken from us
But you will stay with us
In our hearts
Through your art
And adventure games

Farewell, Ghost

Creamy

I didn't know him well but I loved his games. He seemed very nice.

Snarky

Oh man, that's really sad to hear.
He had such talent and skill, and contributed a lot to the AGS community, even if he would leave for extended periods. I didn't really know him, but it was always good to see him around.

I hope at the end he could look back on a life that was more good than bad, more joy than pain. And I'm sure he'll live on in the memory of his family, friends, and those of us lucky enough to have had a chance to experience his work.

bicilotti

I will never forget the excitement in sharing projects, ideas, suggestions, plots for our games, plans for our lives, GUIs, betas, drawings, dreams.
I will never forget the affectionate words as a friend, the encouraging ones as a mentor. I will never forget your stories: sweet, somber, delicate, deep and touching.

The regret of not having met you in real life is immense.

Haggis

Sorry to hear this, I didn't know him that well but he was a member of the AGS Cavefish group helping others finish their games. Seemed a really nice guy, adventure on Ghost.

Sinitrena

He haunted the forums for many years.
Now he haunts in other realms.
Rest in Peace, Ghost.
:~(

Retro Wolf

A great guy and a talented artist. Rest in peace mate.

Mandle

Oh no! I knew him only through our PM conversations but his great comments and kind sense of humour always made me smile. So sad to hear this. A depressing way to end a depressing year.

Vincent

Words cannot express what I'm feeling right now, the body is but an outer covering for the soul.
The reality is the soul which never dies, but just changes form. So, we know that in some way, you will always be here around us.
I am reading all your messages that we have written to each other back in 2014, you have taught me a lot of things about Ags that I am still treasuring all your words.
All of this it cuts to my heart, words cannot express my condolences to the entire household. Rest in peace my friend.

LimpingFish

That's such sad news.

Besides our forum interactions, I had the pleasure of chatting with him over Steam on a number of occasions, and he seemed like a genuinely lovely person and a very talented guy.

Oíche mhaith agus codladh sámh, Ghost.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

selmiak

Such sad news so close to the end of the year! It was a pleasure playing your sweet games and chatting with you, no matter of here or on deviant art. I always enjoyed your work and your words. farewell my friend, rest in piece :(

Mouth for war

Incredibly sad news :-( Rest in peace buddy!
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk