RIP Ghost

Started by cat, Sun 29/12/2019 14:25:47

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

So sad to lose such a friend and a mentor. I'll never forget our many fine conversations, so many discussions of ideas, plans and goals. You were a great man, my friend. Thanks for everything.

Ponch

Very sad news. RAM Ghost is still one of my favorite non-adventure AGS games. He was always up to chat about game and puzzle ideas or just to share doodles. He will be missed.

Plus he made a RAM ghost wearing a cow costume.  :cheesy:

AprilSkies

A really sad news. I fondly remember Ghost and how pleasant it was to chat with him. A great artist and programmer, one of the nicest and kindest members of the community.  :cry:

www.apemarina.altervista.org

eri0o

Ghost was a very talented person that left too soon. I have never talked to you, but I have looked up to everything you built. I saw this thread when it went up, I knew the name from the template I am using for my games. Farewell.  :cry:

rongel

Same here, I never talked with Ghost, but I'm using his template. When I started working with AGS it was extremely helpful. I've understood that Ghost was an important and beloved part of the community. RIP.
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

KyriakosCH

RIP...

I think I have never talked with him (?). Can you suggest some of his games?
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Tabata

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Mon 30/12/2019 12:00:22
... Can you suggest some of his games?
I still love Chance Of The Dead. The walkcycle and the giggle of the main character - a zombie - are hilarious.

I am unable to write a blurb but maybe it would be a game worth to become the next 'pick of the month' ... in loving memory of our beloved family member, friend and mentor?

Once Upon A Crime is a very good one, too ... and there are others

arj0n

Such sad news. Had many fine conversations about (making) games but also a lot about real life.
A truly kind person has left us. Hope you found your peace now, buddy!  :~(

Frodo

So sorry to hear this sad news.   :sad:

I never really knew him - think I only spoke to him a couple of times.  But he was indeed very talented.

I especially loved his game Chance Of The Dead. 

And his posts in here shows what a kind guy he was. 

My heart goes out to all his family and friends. 

Tabata, I support that idea.   :smiley:
Possible blurb for Chance Of The Dead (unless someone else can think of something better)?
What's that strange shuffling sound you can hear outside your window?
Why are things in you kitchen being moved around?
Where's that cake you left on the kitchen surface?
Don't worry, you're not going crazy.  It's just the dead looking for another chance.

cat

Thanks, Tabata and Frodo - great idea and done!

Kastchey

I wish I knew Ghost better, such a sweet and kind person.

abstauber

Incredibly sad news indeed. I still remember when I found his homepage about "Daemons in the Attic" and just a a year or so later he decided to use AGS and joined the forums. And it makes me very sad that his unfinished work will never be finished anymore.
He was truly a great artist and game designer.

RIP Björn, I will miss you.

Baron

This is a sad day indeed.  :~( 

Haunt in peace, friend Ghost.

Amélie

Lost Craft Ghost at CandleCove

Adieu, Björn!

ManicMatt

I see he was making a game called Collateral Jelly, which I presume wasn't finished. It would be nice if possible, if someone reached out to his family and obtained the code etc for his game, and try and make it a more or less complete game and release it.

I don't know if that's something he'd want, but I know it's something I'd want if I died before finishing a project and it had a decent amount made.

Did Ghost make the BASS style template that comes with AGS? I am currently using that for my latest work.

Mandle

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 01/01/2020 00:05:33
Did Ghost make the BASS style template that comes with AGS? I am currently using that for my latest work.

He did indeed. There was little he couldn't do.  :~(

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 01/01/2020 06:56:03

He did indeed. There was little he couldn't do.  :~(
Same here, and his work helped me a lot in mine.

I was also following him on Deviantart, and his pictures of fairies and mermaids were always a joy to behold, and it's a terrible shame that he left so suddenly and so soon.

Rest in peace, Ghost.

WHAM

A great creator and even greater friend.
Ghost will be missed and remembered.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Radiant

Wow, that is sad news!

Ghost, it was a pleasure to have worked with you, and I'm very sorry to see you go.

Danvzare

Well this is sad. My condolences go out to his family.  :~(

I see he was making a game called Collateral Jelly, which I presume wasn't finished. It would be nice if possible, if someone reached out to his family and obtained the code etc for his game, and try and make it a more or less complete game and release it.

I don't know if that's something he'd want, but I know it's something I'd want if I died before finishing a project and it had a decent amount made.

Same here. At the very least, I'd want all of the project files to be released, so that perhaps someone somewhere could either finish it off, or at least admire what I had done.
But that's just me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk