RIP Ghost

Started by cat, Sun 29/12/2019 14:25:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 03/01/2020 16:15:56
Well this is sad. My condolences go out to his family.  :~(

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 01/01/2020 00:05:33
I see he was making a game called Collateral Jelly, which I presume wasn't finished. It would be nice if possible, if someone reached out to his family and obtained the code etc for his game, and try and make it a more or less complete game and release it.

I don't know if that's something he'd want, but I know it's something I'd want if I died before finishing a project and it had a decent amount made.

Same here. At the very least, I'd want all of the project files to be released, so that perhaps someone somewhere could either finish it off, or at least admire what I had done.
But that's just me.
I'd feel the same, at least if I knew people would try and finish the original vision. Wouldn't most artists want their work shared?

dactylopus

Wow, this is such a shame.  I never knew Ghost beyond his forum posts and such, but always admired him and his work.  He had a unique vision and a great talent.  I always felt he would be someone in the community that I'd like to meet and share a few words with.

So sad.  I send my best to all who knew him, especially his friends and family.

shaun9991

Extremely sad news. Ghost will always be a legend in the AGS community. My thoughts go out to all his family and friends.
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

tzachs

I'm very sad to hear this  :~(
RIP Ghost.

Dave Gilbert

I just read this. So sad to hear. I haven't chatted with him in a long time, but I was a big fan of his art and we once discussed collaborating on something together. RIP. :(

Laura Hunt

I never interacted with him, but he seemed to be very much loved in this community. But a close family member of mine happened to pass away on the same day and everything around those days was a bit of a blur, so I never got around to posting my condolences here in due time. I'm truly sorry for your loss, all of you who were close to him.

Icey

It's been a while since I've checked into the forums and it's sad to come back and see that a member has passed on. For some reason I had the push to check out my messages (I guess it's been so long that I forgot there was a game he helped me out on. I wanted to go read messages for it but what I came across was something even better, yet bittersweet).

It was really uplifting and motivating to look back on this message. While I have switched to pretty much primarily doing videos now and I know he did like the last video I shared here, it makes me wish I actually had finished that one game so he could have gave it a try.   :~(

RIP Ghost and thanks for the good vibes, mate. Hopefully one day I can actually finish that game.

Stupot

Hi Icey. Man, what a great message. We should all aspire to be as encouraging and thoughtful as this. What a loss.

kconan

This is awful news.  He was a super talented gamemaker and artist, and a great person...RIP Ghost.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Jonathan Wedge on Sun 12/01/2020 07:16:02
It's been a while since I've checked into the forums and it's sad to come back and see that a member has passed on. For some reason I had the push to check out my messages (I guess it's been so long that I forgot there was a game he helped me out on. I wanted to go read messages for it but what I came across was something even better, yet bittersweet).
It was really uplifting and motivating to look back on this message. While I have switched to pretty much primarily doing videos now and I know he did like the last video I shared here, it makes me wish I actually had finished that one game so he could have gave it a try.   :~(

RIP Ghost and thanks for the good vibes, mate. Hopefully one day I can actually finish that game.
That's incredibly poignant.

DBoyWheeler

Crap!  If only I had known sooner...

Man, another great, gone.

Igor Hardy

Very sad to learn about this. :~( The look of Once Upon a Crime was one of the iconic AGS images in my memory.

miguel

Hello guys, just want to express my sadness regarding Ghost's passing away.

In truth Ghost (Bjoern) was important in my life in ways that only now I understand.

Some of you may remember me from the forums, I was a bit of  a arrogant prick, a person I'm not proud of, although I now understand it was part of growing up as a person which I did and therefore am capable to show up and man-up to the occasion. For anyone that cares, I apologize.

But this isn't about me. Back then I'd already left the forums and game-making, I had a young kid and decided to become a artist, a painter.
Ghost was this guy that I could talk regularly about a few things, about his art, my art, the forum and people here.
He was so kind and polite. Always.
Ghost was very supportive of my art and always encouraging me and saying that I could make it and was very talented, all things that I didn't actually believed because my confidence was not very high.
Then, in 2014, we decided to change portraits, we would swap photos and each would paint a portrait of the other in the medium we wanted.
I was working with pastels at the time, just before starting with oil paints and so I did it. A portrait of Ghost shipped to Germany and Ghost loved it.
Strangely I found Ghost's confidence a bit faded then and he never sent me my portrait although he said he had done it with his Magic Pixels.
We kept talking once in a while, less and less I admit. Life takes turns and we all have our different lives.

Anyway, what I sad discovery I made today reading this topic. Such a gentle person deserves a place in Pixel Heaven. Rest in peace my friend.

[url="https://ibb.co/wYr21MF"]Bjoern" border="0[/url]

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Stupot

Nice to see you again, Miguel, though I wish it were under different circumstances. I hope you’ll pop in more from time to time.

Mandle

Miguel, that is an absolutely beautiful portrait and obviously done from the heart!

(When can we expect part 2 of The Roots Of Sound? Damn, I loved that game!)

miguel

Hi there Stupot and Mandle, nice to speak with you guys.
No more game-making for me, but this forums will always be part of who I am so I tend to check it out from time to time.
Let's honor Ghost, probably one of the last good guys.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

OneDollar

It's been a while since I last checked the forums, so I missed this. I saw a tweet about Ghost being remembered at the AGS awards this year.

It's very sad news. I didn't know him particularly well, but we talked a few times and discussed collaborating on a game. He was a lovely, friendly guy who always had positive things to say about people's work. Also a talented game developer and artist in his own right.

Atelier

I am sorry to bump this but that is a fruit of my itinerant ways. Miguel, you needn't apologise :)

Ghost, I remember you as one of the first AGSers I interacted with. I would wonder from time to time what you were up to, and how you were doing. I have been through our PMs together, and your words of encouragement and kindness are just extraordinary. Had they not been so at such early stages, it is quite possible that I would not have grown the interests I have now. Although I never met you, this news has made me truly sad. Thank you so very much.

vertigoaddict

Ghost had always been such an embedded presence within the community, it's hard to imagine. Condolences to his family and friends.

Cyrus

Wow, I saw this thread only now, so sorry for bumping it. We were not close friends with Ghost, but I've been a huge fan of his games (especially Once Upon A Crime), and we chatted in private a bit back in the old years, so it's a real pity to hear that.

May you be happy on the other side, Ghost...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk