Does AGS plays MP4 files? Or compressed video files?/Displaying isolated Images

Started by Filipe, Fri 03/01/2020 00:14:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipe

:( But I love it, and I already learned its basics... you see, I used to do music on a proprietary synth sequencer... It was very difficult to change computer sequencers, and DAW software, such as Cubase, etc   ... I just wish AGS had some commodities of new engines... like resizing objects in realtime, etc... for instances, this camera, does it have a graphical interface? Like, a time line, so I could just hit record and start recording my movement?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Filipe on Tue 14/01/2020 09:05:18
:( But I love it, and I already learned its basics... you see, I used to do music on a proprietary synth sequencer... It was very difficult to change computer sequencers, and DAW software, such as Cubase, etc   ... I just wish AGS had some commodities of new engines... like resizing objects in realtime, etc... for instances, this camera, does it have a graphical interface? Like, a time line, so I could just hit record and start recording my movement?

No, you cannot record animation, or any other changes, in ags editor. You can only set starting positions in the editor, and then write all movements and changes in script. Then you will have to test it all by running the game.

Khris

This is not at all how AGS works. The Camera that was added supports 2D movement, nothing more. It's not a cool zoom feature, it's just a slightly more convenient way to use 2D viewports.
There's no zooming, no timeline, nothing of that sort. AGS is a 2D engine built to create old school 2d adventure games. The editor looks much more modern now and great features were added in the last years, but at its heart it's about pixeled sprites moving in front of pixeled backgrounds.

Quote from: Filipe on Tue 14/01/2020 09:05:18... I just wish AGS had some commodities of new engines...
And I wish AGS supported JavaScript. What's your point?

If you think it is the wrong tool for you, don't waste time because you've already learned the basics. Switch back to blender or Unity or whatever else is around that supports zooming and the like.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Khris on Tue 14/01/2020 09:56:42
This is not at all how AGS works. The Camera that was added supports 2D movement, nothing more. It's not a cool zoom feature, it's just a slightly more convenient way to use 2D viewports.

New Cameras do support zoom, it is achieved by having Viewport and Camera have different sizes.
Here's the new Tween module demo, for example: https://video.drift.com/v/abaMWDTGzbo/

Filipe

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 14/01/2020 10:09:40
Quote from: Khris on Tue 14/01/2020 09:56:42

New Cameras do support zoom, it is achieved by having Viewport and Camera have different sizes.
Here's the new Tween module demo, for example: https://video.drift.com/v/abaMWDTGzbo/

This is great I love it...

What I mean is that at the time I assemble all my animations in after effect, so it has the right size... If all this could be done in AGS it would be great... like resizing objects as needed, etc... this is what I mean with commodities ..

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Filipe on Tue 14/01/2020 10:17:06
What I mean is that at the time I assemble all my animations in after effect, so it has the right size... If all this could be done in AGS it would be great... like resizing objects as needed, etc... this is what I mean with commodities ..

With all due respect, but this discussion becomes pointless. AGS cannot do that now, and it will take A LOT of work on the editor to allow that. So, not soon, and idk if ever.

Filipe

Khris

Ah, I should've checked first :-[

The broader point I was making still stands, I guess.

Filipe

Quote from: Khris on Tue 14/01/2020 14:20:51
Ah, I should've checked first :-[

The broader point I was making still stands, I guess.

A game takes a lot of work... I love AGS, but as normally I wanna save time... it is frustrating not to be able to resize the objects in real time as needed graphical, I mean... I'm really torn  here... I just wish I never had heard about Adventure Ceeator :(

Cassiebsg

You can't resize objects, but you can resize Dynamic Sprites, and then use that Dynamic Sprite as the object sprite. But yes, you need to do all that in with AGS scripting. You can't do it in the editor. However DynamicSprites can be a lot of fun to use and learn, so don't be afraid to give them a try. They're not as hard to use as you might expect.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 14/01/2020 17:09:09
You can't resize objects,

Ok, I have to comment on this. You can resize some objects, as in, you can scale "room objects" and characters at runtime. In AGS characters support manual scaling, meaning you can tell them to resize anytime. Room objects do not have such property for some strange reason (maybe an oversight by original authot), so they have to rely on room areas. Walkable areas have Scaling property that lets you define the scaling factor applied to characters and objects which are positioned on this area. This scaling may be either fixed, or dynamic. Dynamic scaling changes as character or object moves towards the "screen" or further from it.

Cassiebsg

Thanks, that's why we love  you. :) One learns so much from reading this board.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Khris

Quote from: Filipe on Tue 14/01/2020 15:59:37it is frustrating not to be able to resize the objects in real time as needed graphical, I mean...

Just create your sprites and backgrounds at the proper size in the first place, like everybody else.
Get a graphics program with layer support, like everybody else.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk