What did you achieve in 2019?

Started by KyriakosCH, Sun 22/12/2019 14:14:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Loslem

So, there were a lot of changes.
First we moved to the northern coast of Germany. So, the ocean is 10 minutes away. Jay for that. Then I started a new Job. Then I quit that job, because it sucked. But then I started a vocational training as software developer. That's the best change, I was only able to start this, because AGS taught me the basics of programming. Well and some small stuff, started drawing again with a pen display, realise my side acroller project was going nowhere, so I quit that. Started to look into new software, made better music, and continued an older project, after realizing that doing all alone might not be the best way for every project.
So, there happened a lot, in the end it will turn out fine :)

CaptainD

Mainly getting a new job - first job I applied for in just over a decade, also first interview in that time obviously, and fortunately I got the job.  Really enjoying it but between that, my kids and other real-life stuff, I haven't really felt much motivation to be heavily involved with gamedev - just did a little testing and voice acting here and there to keep things ticking over.

In 2020 I will be releasing two full commercial games hopefully - The Rat Pack and one other game I'm not ready to give details of yet.

I've also introduced my kids to the Monkey Island games.  My 5 year-old asked me for a cup of hot chocolate the other day while we were playing MI2 - when I said I would make it for her in a minute she replied "Thanks!  Here's a piece of eight for your trouble."   :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanyx

Wow a great thread!

Positives:
- Started working on my book, hopefully finishing it soon
- Released game called Metaphobia https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2352/
- Celebrating my daughter's first year
- Found my old-ass laptop on which I used to play most adventure games when I was a kid. Finally I can play on this beauty again.

Negatives:
- Procrastinating with my board game projects
- Working 9-5 takes a lot of time and am not able to work efficiently on my projects. It also takes a lot of time from me which I would love to spend with my family.

Happy new year everyone!

KyriakosCH

Metaphobia was excellent :)

I am not sure when I will make another game. I am currently half-way through learning the (original) proof of Godel's incompleteness, so I might make something tied to formal logic.
My uni degree is in philosophy, but since elementary school I wanted to be a mathematician. Sadly it didn't work that way, but the megalomania remains  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Durq

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 30/12/2019 10:03:19
one other game I'm not ready to give details of yet.

What a tease! Can you at least tell us if it's a point-and-click adventure?

Congrats on the job!

Baron

Negatives:     No AGSing whatsoever

Positives:       I finally built my wife that master bedroom we always talked about:

CaptainD

@Durq - oh yes, very much a p&c  ;)
@Baron - must have been a massive project!  Congrats  ;-D

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 31/12/2019 08:36:51
@Baron - must have been a massive project!  Congrats  ;-D

Pfft, he just tore down half his house and showed us the pictures in reverse order.

eri0o

Pros:
Survived 2019, learned a bit more about plug-ins, released some plug-ins, participated in two jams where I released small AGS games, learned a new programming language (Solidity)
Cons:
Barely advanced Future Flashback coding wise this year. Let's try again in 2020.

TheFrighter

Sorry for the late but I didn't connect this forum!

Cons?
- Not made an AGS game since now
- Not allowed to basic income
- Not booked for live shows

Pros?
- Betatested a MAGS game
- Featured in a radio-show
- Featured in a tv-show

That's all, I think.

_

Stupot

Quote from: TheFrighter on Wed 01/01/2020 09:13:40

- Featured in a tv-show.
What is it you do? Stand up? Anything on YouTube we can check out?

Retro Wolf

Bad: Should have done some more creative stuff.
Good: I now eat smaller portions, less meat, less fries, more fruit and veg. I've lost 4kg.

Mandle

TheFrighter

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 01/01/2020 21:16:29
Quote from: TheFrighter on Wed 01/01/2020 09:13:40

- Featured in a tv-show.
What is it you do? Stand up? Anything on YouTube we can check out?

If you like, but it's in italiano!

_

Radiant

Well,

+ Released this game, not AGS though.
+ Finally managed to travel off the continent again.
- Had a rather nasty breakup several months ago.
- I'm probably spending too much energy on work, the balance is all off.

...and happy new year, everyone.

TheFrighter

KyriakosCH

Quote from: TheFrighter on Sat 04/01/2020 17:43:20

Uh, not funny I guess... :-[

_
It might be, but I don't speak italian  :X
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Vincent

Quote from: TheFrighter on Sat 04/01/2020 17:43:20

Uh, not funny I guess... :-[

_

Quite funny instead! Le camicie giuste per chi ruba i fiori dai cimiteri!!! :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk