Indiana Jones and the relic of the Viking - A mini game for the holidays!

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Fri 03/01/2020 15:53:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

We are in the process of uploading the files

>> Download at www.raidersofthesevencities.com <<

Athanor

Lovely screenshots! But as it's already the 3rd I sincerely hope the "January 1st" on the website doesn't refer to January 2021... ;)

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Athanor

Monsieur OUXX

Honza

Looks good! Already stuck though :). Can't make any sense of that first skull puzzle.

Cassiebsg

Maybe we should open a tips thread...  ;)

Tip
Spoiler

Look at the colored stained glass and read your book.  ;)
[close]

Honza

Did both of those, no idea what it's trying to tell me :).

Spoiler

Here's what I was thinking:

The window:
the verb has one: if the verb is the symbol on the right, then one of the skulls on the right has to be pressed? Which one?
the soul has one: so if the soul is the symbol on the left, then one of those skulls?
the other one has three: if the other one is the heart, then three of the middle skulls have to be pressed?

The book:
Add one to the heart: so not three, but four skulls in the middle? Which ones?
The soul has one more: Not one but two skulls on the left? Which ones? Trial and error I guess?
The verb needed one more: not one but two on the right then?

Tried all possible combinations of those numbers and nothing. Oh and by the way, does it generate different hints every time? My save crashes, so started a new game and some of the hints were different... cool feature if that's what it is :)
[close]

Cassiebsg

Yes, you're in the right track.   (nod)

Spoiler

Look closely at the stained glass. Think you missed a spot.  ;)

Oh, and "which one" doesn't matter, as long as it's correct number.

And yes, it generates a new combination and clues to follow for each new game...  ;-D
[close]

Honza

Ok, got it :) Thanks! Love the short intro sequence by the way, very much in the spirit of the original games.

Spoiler
Didn't miss it, but interpreted “he's the one whose words I should follow” as “do what the scroll he's holding tells you”, not “only use the st John hint”. Maybe “he's the *only* one” would make it clearer? Or maybe I'm an idiot ;).
[close]

josiah1221

Oh wow! That was really fun. :) Took me about an hour to complete it. Cool intro, good puzzles, good music, overall a great classic Indy feel.  (nod) It was also cool playing the original demo. Been a long time, you guys have certainly came a long way. Keep up the great work!

Jojo_the_monkey

I played your demo and definetely you captured the Indy\Lucasartesque aesthetic! It is not an easy task to reproduce and create a new adventure! I liked your story very much.
It was little bit rough on the edges, like the UI or some puzzles, but I understand your work to deliver it on holidays!! Bravo to the team and I am looking forward for the bigger adventure!
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

Monsieur OUXX

Yes it was a bit rough around the edges, I totally agree; we struggled to meet the deadline. In a little while I'll go back to it and polish it up. By the way, some people think that you have to click twice on an object to use it. No no no. Just click on the object once without click on "use" beforehand.

About the tips: We should follow the usual AGS practice and create a hints and tips thread. Othrwise you can ask for tips directly on our forums : http://binarylegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,976.0.html
Great job by the way cassiebsg

There are translations on the way!

Digital Mosaic Games

It's beautiful too see that this project is still alive! I just wanted to say that my name is "Öcek" not "Ocek". It would be nice if you could change that name in the credits. Thank you very much!  :)

Cassiebsg

We're working on getting translations working, but the current font used in the demo does not support special characters.
I have coded a temporary fix using other fonts that are in the demo unused. But it's currently an unofficial and unreleased version.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Digital Mosaic Games on Thu 16/01/2020 22:49:47
I just wanted to say that my name is "Öcek" not "Ocek".
Hi Tolga! I had to change it to Ocek temporarily because our font was lousy and didn't have special characters (as cassiebsg pointed out). We should introduce proper fonts in version 1.1, for translations. If your name is still Ocek in version 1.1 then you're allowed to send us death threats  :-D

Monsieur OUXX

hache1977

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk