Headbanger's Heaven

Started by lorenzo, Mon 06/01/2020 10:29:13

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

I'm stuck.

Spoiler
I need to find some tequila for the manager. But the barman is away, watching a film. I guess I have to get inside the cinema to find him, but the door is closed.

In my inventory, I have: autograph book, winner certificate, pot of glue, RC helicopter, air pump, pool supplies key, needle and thread, pool net, Deryl's autograph book.
[close]

Thanks for the help!

Frodo

Hey Lorenzo   :smiley:

Hint 1
Spoiler
The cinema is not the only place you can watch a film.
[close]

Hint 2
Spoiler
You can also watch films on a TV.
[close]

Hint 3
Spoiler
Have you seen any TVs in the mansion?
[close]

Hint 4
Spoiler
Like in the living room, for example?
[close]

:wink:

lorenzo

Thank you, Frodo!

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 06/01/2020 11:22:58
Hint 4
Spoiler
Like in the living room, for example?
[close]

Spoiler
I feel like an idiot! I checked the tv in the lounge, but I forgot about the living room!
[close]

Unfortunately, the game is crashing and I can't continue. :~(

Spoiler
After getting the tequila and helping Aaron and Abby, the manager asked me for apple juice.
When I go to the 2nd floor with the glass of juice, the game crashes with this error:

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.5.0.22)

in "room19.asc", line 141

Error: FaceCharacter: characters are in different rooms

OK   
[close]

Frodo

Hmmm, sorry that it's crashing for you, Lorenzo.   :sad:
For some reason, I'm not able to get that crash.   :confused:
This is puzzling.  Did you go into any rooms after getting the apple juice, and before going back to the manager? 

lorenzo

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 06/01/2020 15:11:29
Did you go into any rooms after getting the apple juice, and before going back to the manager? 
No, I got the apple juice and went to the 2nd floor.

I've retried that part using an earlier save and redoing the apple puzzles, and it still crashed.
What I did:
Spoiler
After the manager asked me for the apple juice, I went downstairs.
Entered the kitchen; then the garden; then the well area where I got the apple.
Back into the kitchen, used the blender.
Went straight upstairs and, on the second floor to the left, in front of Abby's room, the game crashed.
[close]

If you need, I can send you my save files.

--

EDIT: I've replayed that section from another savegame and this time it worked!

Shadow1000

Spoiler
I got the tequila and I can't find the manager. I checked every room except for the arcade. I can't enter the arcade because the game crashes with an error when I approach the door.
[close]
Any suggestions?

lorenzo

Spoiler
That's strange! The manager should be waiting for you in the hallway where he asked for the tequila.

I believe you only need to go to the arcade to give Deryl her hat.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: lorenzo on Tue 07/01/2020 16:51:05
Spoiler
That's strange! The manager should be waiting for you in the hallway where he asked for the tequila.

I believe you only need to go to the arcade to give Deryl her hat.
[close]

I tried your trick of restoring from a backup and it worked. I was able to play for a few more minutes before the next crash. I think I'm going to pass on this, unfortunately.

Frodo

Shadow
Spoiler
Did you manage to find the manager?  Lorenzo is right, he hasn't moved since he asked you for the tequila.  And you only need to go into the arcade to give Deryl her hat (although it shouldn't be crashing at all).   :undecided:
[close]

To those of you that are experiencing crashes, I'm sorry it's happening.   :sad:
I'm trying to figure out what's causing it to crash, but it's tricky since I'm not seeing any crashes myself.   :confused:

Shadow1000

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 08/01/2020 10:35:18
Shadow
Spoiler
Did you manage to find the manager?  Lorenzo is right, he hasn't moved since he asked you for the tequila.  And you only need to go into the arcade to give Deryl her hat (although it shouldn't be crashing at all).   :undecided:
[close]

To those of you that are experiencing crashes, I'm sorry it's happening.   :sad:
I'm trying to figure out what's causing it to crash, but it's tricky since I'm not seeing any crashes myself.   :confused:

I restored from a saved game and found him. I did the next quest and then got a crash in the kitchen area.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk