Urban Witch Story (English Translation Available)

Started by Postmodern Adventures, Mon 06/01/2020 12:28:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Story:

During the first night of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, two police officers resolve on investigating the disappearance of the children of one of their acquaintances.
Throughout their search they will face street gangs, their own colleagues and even the supernatural.

Features:

-Over 30 playable rooms in full Sierra AGI style.
-Over 40 interactive characters.
-Character close-ups on the characters who advance the investigation.
-Only inventory based puzzles.
-Language: English and Spanish

Trailer:

DOWNLOAD:

Screenshots:

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

shaun9991

This looks really cool - congratulations! Let us know if/when the English language translation comes out :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Durq

This game looks great. How's the English translation coming along? Is someone still working on it?

Gendgi

Oh sweet! I am portuguese living in Spain lol so language is not a prob hehe, will try it when I have the chance  (laugh)

Thanyx

Oh my god! It looks so sweet!

Too bad I don't speak the language. But the graphics, man, that's right up my alley.

I have a weird question. How did you manage to make the art looking kinda like stretched out to the sides? What I mean is that the individual "pixels" are not exactly squares, but rather rectangles. Because it looks exactly as classic Sierra games, and they had this "effect". When I wanted to make Sierra backgrounds they looked completely different because they were typical square pixels.

AnaMoon

I'm enjoying this game a lot! In case someone wants to have a look at my gameplay:
Spoiler

Thanks to everyone!

Durq: There's only a small translated section. But, an AGS forum user played the game,liked it and wants to translate it. So... stay tunned!
AnaMoon: Thanks for the gameplay!

Thanyx: In Photoshop (or similar, i guess) draw a 2 pixels rectangle with the pencil tool and select them. Go to EDIT>Define Brush Preset. Name it (i called it AGI Pencil) and... that's all. Now you have a new pencil with those characteristics.

A new version (1.3) is in the works and it will come with the long awaited (for me at least  :)) english translation.

Athanor

That's fantastic news! I'm eager to play the game. :)

newwaveburritos

A la verga, this looks great.  I love the artwork, it's really evokative of the style.  Let me know if you need a hand with some of the English translation. 

Stupot

Oh this looks great. Good stuff.

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Thanks for your words!
For this version i'm improving the speech style. Old versions had Lucas Arts speech style, but  some players complained that the color of the text was sometimes confused with the background. This is the result now:

Athanor

I like the new speech style, very clear and clean. Man I can't wait for the english version of this game. :)

KyriakosCH

Me too. The painting of the priestess/saint reminded me of Santa Sangre  8-0
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

AnaMoon

Quote from: Postmodern Adventures on Fri 04/09/2020 09:54:05
Old versions had Lucas Arts speech style, but  some players complained that the color of the text was sometimes confused with the background. This is the result now:

Much better now  (nod)
I complained a bit  (laugh)

gspit1124

Quote from: Postmodern Adventures on Wed 02/09/2020 18:04:15
A new version (1.3) is in the works and it will come with the long awaited (for me at least  :)) english translation.

I'm so excited!! I can't wait to play this game.  :-D

lorenzo

Quote from: Postmodern Adventures on Wed 02/09/2020 18:04:15
That's great! I've started playing the game in Spanish but didn't go very far. There were a lot of dialogues and I had to play it very slowly (my Spanish isn't the best...). Can't wait for the English translation!

At last the new version is out! It includes:

-English Translation. Thanks to Gretchen Uhler and Guillermo G. Zapico (gspit1124 and zapzap in these forums)

-New Speechstyle with portraits for every character.

-More backgrounds animations.

-More sounds.

I hope you enjoy the game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk