AGS Awards 2019 - Awards are over, see you next year!

Started by cat, Mon 06/01/2020 20:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

Kastchey and Cassiebsg: thanks for the spreadsheets! They're really useful.

Cassiebsg

Np
I just did a few changes to it right now: Added link to the game's page; sorted the categories out so it's easier to see and sort and added extra columns with all the awards categories. Feel free to use these as you see fit. I'm thinking about using it to rank the game in the different categories... like 1 to 5 where 5 is best. But use whatever feels right for you.
Download it and make it your own. You only need the first sheet, the others I used to gather the info.

Think I'll start one for this years's games, so I can take notes already and have half the work done next year.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kastchey

Nice updates Cassie. Colour coding with more categories is a nice idea. I think I will stick to my lightweight version but yours certainly has a lot of appeal, especially to someone who hasn't started playing yet and wants an overview of the entire year's base with screenshots.

Maybe you could also add a link to 'For your consideration' thread for whichever game is advertised there?

lorenzo, glad to hear the spreadsheets are useful. Whatever works right?

Cassiebsg

QuoteMaybe you could also add a link to 'For your consideration' thread for whichever game is advertised there?

Done. Though this is a copy/paste manual work, so in a way I'm happy that the thread isn't that big.  (roll)

I've also noticed that the links to the game page where messed up, so I've fixed them.

cat

It's February already - how are you getting along with nominating?

Kastchey

I'm through most of the free games, I now only need to see how many of the commercial ones I'll be able to buy (there's quite a number of them this year!).

Cassiebsg

Remember you can always watch some YT let's play of the commercial ones, if you can't afford to buy.

ManicMatt

I've put my game on sale, 50% off for two weeks just to help you out!  :D

Link is in my signature!

cat

Thanks for the kind offer, ManicMatt!

Just a reminder how nominations work:

For each category, the 5 games which have most votes, will be nominated. However, each game has to have at least 5 votes, otherwise it will not count as valid nominee.
So far, we have only two categories where we have at least 5 games with sufficient votes. In some categories it's only one or two or even none at all.

Remember: You can nominate up to 10 games in each category!
If we do not manage to get enough nominees in most of the categories this year, I will probably not run the awards next year.

Privateer Puddin'

Started to update my nominations (so it's not just for my games  :=, but still got lots to do! Weekend up of playing AGS games me thinks.

Also, tweeted about it: https://twitter.com/tomakasatnav/status/1225730414817361920

Cassiebsg

Remember that there are let's play videos for most (if not all) commercial games and some of the free ones on YT. Even if all you find is a trailer or you only watch a couple minutes of each video, it might help when having to decide if a game is worth nominating in that category or comparing it with another one.

I spendt 2 hours on it yesterday and only updated some of the categories. 
And then I realized I overlooked a great game, and have to decide now who to bump out of some categories.  :-[

Creamy

...and the award of the game that my brain fails to associate with its title goes to 'he came through the door:=

cat

Kill two birds with one stone: Play last years MAGS winners!

This way you can play a few games for awards nominations and also vote for the best MAGS game of the year (MAGGIES).

Visit the MAGGIES thread!

cat

Privateer Puddin'

cat

Not too bad, but the more nominations the better the result represents the community.
We could certainly need a few more votes for best character. If you don't remember the exact name, don't worry. AGA takes care of that so "Guybrush", "Threepwood" and "Guybrush Threepwood" all count for the same character  ;)

Btw, please remember not to fan-vote in all categories for each game. Think about each game's individual merits.

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 07/02/2020 12:56:56
Remember that there are let's play videos for most (if not all) commercial games and some of the free ones on YT.
Feria got its first yesterday, so if anyone wants to check it out and hasn't played Feria d'Arles yet, here you go!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/553000323

The full thing is played across 2 videos

cat

Only two days left!

Don't forget to nominate!
We could do with more votes for Best Freeware, Best Demo, Best Non-Adventure and especially Best Character, but more votes in all categories welcome  (nod)

Ponch

sadly, I wasn't able to play all the games, but I tried my best. However, time has run out, so I nominated as fairly as I could. Hope everyone takes a moment to make their voice heard. Anyhoo, off to bed now!

cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk