AGS Awards 2019 - Awards are over, see you next year!

Started by cat, Mon 06/01/2020 20:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Congrats to all nominees, it's such a pleasure to see that both of the games which I have worked on have been nominated in several categories, thank you all very much. On the other side, I do agree with BarbWire, even though all of this is still rewarding. I'd like to special thanks all the people which I have worked with over the years because you are truly wonderful people, thanks for giving me the chance to work with you.

Danvzare

I'm surprised someone here made dummy accounts to cheat the votes.
I had no idea we had a big enough community for someone to even consider that.
It's almost flattering.  :-D

But I digress. Congrats to the nominees.
Also, how did AGS Awards Ceremony 2018 get nominated?  ???
Either I've misinterpreted what that is, or we've just been trolled.

Snarky

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 25/02/2020 12:42:47
Also, how did AGS Awards Ceremony 2018 get nominated?  ???
Either I've misinterpreted what that is, or we've just been trolled.

The 2018 Awards Ceremony is the ceremony for games released in 2018, i.e. last year's ceremony (held in March 2019, IIRC). Thanks for the nominations, BTW!  ;-D

Cassiebsg

Well, it's been added to the DB in 2019 and it's a non-adventure "game"... So it fit in the nominations. Glad I wasn't the only one that thought it was worth nominating.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Last year’s ceremony was a fantastic show. For many reasons :-D

cat

I agree. The show act done by Kastchey and LostTrainDude was quite impressive, to name only one highlight.

cat

How is everyone getting along with voting?

Cassiebsg

Haven't started, but there's still 12 days to go, so I should be able to meet the deadline.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

TheManInBoots

Someone told me you met more difficult deadlines before  :-D

cat

One week to go! Have you played all the games already?

cat

While we could still need a few votes for the awards, there is also a Doodle poll now for the date and time of the awards ceremony.

Please let us know if and when you can attend. This also helps me to find possible presenters for the awards.

https://doodle.com/poll/zn3mgwzwdz4bbpaa

KyriakosCH

Already voted. Didn't play as many games this year, but those I did were excellent. Well done!
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

CrashPL

Voted! Definitely an excellent year for the AGS engine and community. Had lots of fun playing all these lovely games!

LimpingFish

I've played a shockingly low number of AGS games this year (especially freeware titles), but I voted in the categories that happened to have a few titles I had played. I'll try to play some more of the noms before the deadline and update my votes.

Either way, good luck to all the nominees!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

cat

Yay, forums are back up and running!

Last few days for voting - in a lot of categories it is very close this year.

Also, please don't forget about the doodle for the awards ceremony: https://doodle.com/poll/zn3mgwzwdz4bbpaa

Ponch

cat

Last few hours to vote!

And don't forget to add your name to the doodle poll for ceremony date and time: https://doodle.com/poll/zn3mgwzwdz4bbpaa
I hope that more than 13 people intend to attend.

GwendolynYamashita

Voted!

And a big thank you to everyone for the nomination! That was a very pleasant surprise!

Stupot

Are the AGS Awards being cancelled due to the coronavirus?

cat

Hi folks!

Voting is over. Thanks to everyone who played the games and voted!

The ceremony will be held on 4.4.2020 at 18:00 forum time

Snarky and Kastchey are already preparing the awards client with new resources and disinfecting every single piece to make it 100% Corona free.
We hope to also provide a Linux and Mac build, but worse case you can also join via any IRC client (though missing out on great graphics).

In the meantime, if you get bored in your quarantine, you can already start playing the games that were released this year, to be prepared for next year's nominations  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk