AGS Awards 2019 - Awards are over, see you next year!

Started by cat, Mon 06/01/2020 20:16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 16/03/2020 02:38:11
Are the AGS Awards being cancelled due to the coronavirus?

On the contrary, we're working with the WHO to turn the awards client into the sole official way to host all public gatherings, including concerts and music festivals, birthday parties, May parades, election primaries and caucuses, club nights, airport queues and mass protests. This is our time!

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to push the thread onto a new page with this silliness. Important stuff from cat:

Quote from: cat on Mon 16/03/2020 07:40:36
Hi folks!

Voting is over. Thanks to everyone who played the games and voted!

The ceremony will be held on 4.4.2020 at 18:00 forum time

Snarky and Kastchey are already preparing the awards client with new resources and disinfecting every single piece to make it 100% Corona free.
We hope to also provide a Linux and Mac build, but worse case you can also join via any IRC client (though missing out on great graphics).

In the meantime, if you get bored in your quarantine, you can already start playing the games that were released this year, to be prepared for next year's nominations  ;)

Privateer Puddin'

The current forum time is GMT - Does that change to BST once the clocks change (at the end of March?)

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200404T18&p0=136&msg=AGS+Awards&font=cursive

cat

I hope so. In any case, the ceremony will happen 17:00 UTC (unless I mixed this up completely now, time zones are confusing)

Laura Hunt

A newbie question: how does attending the ceremony work? Do we have to supply an avatar ahead of time, or upload it to the client when it goes live? I have no idea how this goes so if there are instructions anywhere, I would love to check them out :)

cat

There are plenty of avatars available in the client where you can choose from on login. I don't know if submissions are still accepted.

Snarky

Good question!  ;-D

The client comes with a whole bunch of avatars (game characters) provided to choose from â€" we just passed 160. Most of them are available for anybody to use, but it's also possible to have them password-protected so that only certain people get to use them. (Though I try to discourage this for all except the nomineesâ€"it's a lot of work just to give one participant a special costume.)

If you want a particular character added, you would have to submit it ahead of time, and also fill in a form that specifies how you want it used and the copyright that should apply. However, this year I'm not accepting avatar submissions except from the games that are nominated, simply because I don't have a lot of spare time to work on the client and there's a lot of other stuff that needs to be done. Hopefully next year!

To check it out ahead of time, you can download last year's client and test: you should be able to get into the audience hall and walk around (probably on stage, as the first person to log on automatically becomes a presenter), though there'll be nothing happening. But you can familiarize yourself with the UI, how you change avatars, etc.

Snarky

I should specify that in order to join the actual ceremony you will need this year's client (which is still under development)â€"the one from last year won't work.

TheFrighter

4.4.2(0)+2(0)=4... pratically 4.4.4!  (laugh)  Sorry.  :-[

_

cat

Is there anyone who could stream and record the ceremony?

cat

So, who is going to join the ceremony next weekend?
I guess not many of you will be outside doing stuff, so there should be plenty of people having time to attend.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: cat on Sun 29/03/2020 19:06:29
So, who is going to join the ceremony next weekend?
I guess not many of you will be outside doing stuff, so there should be plenty of people having time to attend.

I plan on being there for sure!

LimpingFish

I plan on being there too, though with things as they are, who can say? I spent most of my day today (social distancing) with family, checking on people who might need assistance, etc. For a man who usually specializes in having (almost) nothing but free time, these are highly unusual times!  8-0
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ponch

Falsely

If I've got my math right the ceremony will be starting at about four AM my time. Not the easiest, but I can make it work.  8-)

I can try recording the ceremony in a pinch, but I'm not sure how stable my connection will be from this end of the world.

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Stupot

I’m probably not going to make it. If I can, I’ll pop in briefly but it’s not likely. So I won’t be announcing the MAGGIES winner but I’ve given cat the names of the winner and runners up so keep an eye out for that xxx

Danvzare

I always say I can't make it, and then I do. So... who knows.  :-\

Andail

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk