Concept: Racoon
Playability: Racoon
Artistic Execution: Lorenzo, with Racoon as a close second

Jack

Concept: Racoon
Playability: Racoon
Artistic Execution: Lorenzo

Ess2s2

Concept: Blur - Multiple senses of scale gave this one a clever feel, but the lack of detail kept it from really sucking me in. Even some scattered stars in the backdrop or some further detail on the moon or floor would have improved the overall picture. Great concept, but left me wanting more, particularly with the level of detail given the earth.
Playability: Stylez75 - The layout and art style instantly transported me to an old x86-era adventure game, and I could see a fun scene where you had to get from the station to the rover on the cliff, and your sprite was only a couple pixels. Made me smile.
Artistic Execution: Racoon - The art style was perfect for the scene, and only didn't also take playability due to the very compact feel (and thus few walkable areas). The feel of the scene is wonderfully tiny and quaint, and the finer details such as smoke from the chimney and clothes on the line that really bring it alive and give it a life the other entries lack.

Great entries from everyone all around!
I like games, and I like beer.
I have a Discord: https://discord.gg/pDN5rP6
We talk about games (mostly) and beer (sometimes). It's cool.

jwalt

Concept: Lorenzo
Playability: Racoon, with stylez75 a close second.
Artistic Execution: Racoon

Kastchey

Concept: blur - it's a clever concept that fits the theme well. Also, really nostalgic!
Playability: Stylez75 - looks right out of an 80s Sierra game
Artistic Execution: lorenzo - because of the lovely play of B&W (not that it's anything new with lorenzo, but it never ceases to impress me!)

Creamy

Concept: jwalt
Playability: stylez75
Artistic Execution: Racoon

lorenzo

Concept: blur. This background has a fantastic sense of scale. It could use a few more details in some areas, but it really gives you the idea you're in space and the vastness of it.

Playability: Racoon. This background is really fitting for an adventure game: lots of things to interact with, clear walkable areas.

Artist Execution: Racoon. It makes me want to explore the rest of the game world and see what other strange things it contains.

Racoon

Concept: stylez75 (there is a lot you can intpret in that background)
Playability: jwalt (clear arrangement)
Artistic Execution: lorenzo (I do like your art alot :)! Your first image with the leaf also looked really nice, but with both backgrounds I can´t really imagine how they would be used in a game)

And cheers to blur for entering! Nice, that blue cup looks kind of lonely though 8-)

Jack

Voting has closed and results have been announced in the first post.

Congratulations!

lorenzo

Congratulations Racoon!

And thank you, Jack, for the trophy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk