MAGS February "Frozen World" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sat 01/02/2020 13:22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS February?

Frozen Kingdom
2 (15.4%)
The Frozen Shore
10 (76.9%)
Unfreeze
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Tue 17/03/2020 15:26:16

Slasher

Has anyone else got any ideas brewing?

Still lots of time  (nod)

My Game progress is: 75%

VampireWombat

Two days of snow plus time away from working on any game stuff has given me a general idea of where most of the game will take place and how the climate issue will be fixed. Now to figure out everything else...

Slasher

No snow here this year... so far  (laugh)

I really hope to see a game from you mate...

Buckle up and ride the hot seat ;)

Mandle

I did have a concept in the works but work on a commercial game is getting intense so I think I am out.

Durinde

I'm working on something. If anyone would be willing to help out with some of the background art, it would be fantastic.

Very Rough preview below.

VampireWombat

I did a test for an effect and just finished an animation. But otherwise I still only have a very vague idea of what I'm doing...

Slasher

That looks cool Durinde  (nod)

Figure something out VampireWombat  (nod)

Backs straight and bellies in  (laugh)

My game is at 85%

VampireWombat

I have enough of an idea to make a game. But I need some spark of inspiration to be able to make a decent game.

Edit: And now I have enough of an idea to make it decent. Now to figure out specific details.

cipberbloom

Awesome theme!

Good luck to everyone, here's to hoping you'll wish me the same. This is my first attempt at submitting a game to the database at all.

Story is sorted, rooms are in, half of the characters are drawn. My partner came up with a twist that made it impossible for me to not finally enter MAGS (and he's doing the music).

Thinking about voices now. An older, nasal southern American male maybe is all that's missing? And possibly someone who can do a fair impression of Terry Ingram from 'Overclocked: A History of Violence'.

Whether or not we finish on time is TBD, it's just fun to get something going as a side project that will see the light of day.  8-)

Slasher

Quote from: Skeevy Wonder on Tue 18/02/2020 07:01:16
Awesome theme!

Good luck to everyone, here's to hoping you'll wish me the same. This is my first attempt at submitting a game to the database at all.

Story is sorted, rooms are in, half of the characters are drawn. My partner came up with a twist that made it impossible for me to not finally enter MAGS (and he's doing the music).

Thinking about voices now. An older, nasal southern American male maybe is all that's missing? And possibly someone who can do a fair impression of Terry Ingram from 'Overclocked: A History of Violence'.

Whether or not we finish on time is TBD, it's just fun to get something going as a side project that will see the light of day.  8-)
Yeah, partners can be a heavy influence with ideas/storylines.... If would be great to see your game in this MAG.. You can always build a bigger game for general release after...

MAG is ideal for a first game and I would love to see you enter and you don't need a zillion rooms  (nod)

Slasher

Hi,

My MAG entry (frozen kingdom) is basically finished. Due to the nature of the Typewriter and the TwoClickHandler modules I was faced with a number of issues. I fixed many and whatever are left are not game breaking.. Like pressing esc to skip cutscene during typewriter, it takes about 12 seconds to skip, you may just as well let it run...

Synopsis:

Centuries ago there once lived a sorceress named Ballima who was the evil twin sister of queen Fallona.
Ballima was jealous that her sister Fallona was made queen instead of her and so she locked herself away in an ice cave high up on Mount Sudicas enraged with burning hatred.

For six years she had tried to destroy queen Fallona's kingdom with magic but she had failed.

She had long searched for a greater magical power and had, at long last acquired a stone tablet from a travelling gypsy who claimed it had mystical powers. The inscription on the tablet was said to conjure up Loki, the god of mayhem and mischief.

After several months Ballima began to understand the meaning of the stone tablets' inscription and set about conjuring up Loki so she could wreck havoc on queen Fallona's kingdom.

Queen Fallona appoints Roderick, the 7th son of the earl of Brassock to find out the cause of her kingdom suddenly becoming frozen."

Now it's that time you love to hate.... Testing and tweaking  (laugh)

VampireWombat

Ha. Like I've ever had a game finished early enough for testing and tweaking...

I have a lot of things figured out now. Programming will probably start this weekend. The number of backgrounds will depend on how fast I work and other things.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 19/02/2020 16:27:01
Ha. Like I've ever had a game finished early enough for testing and tweaking...

I have a lot of things figured out now. Programming will probably start this weekend. The number of backgrounds will depend on how fast I work and other things.
8-)

Keep up the good work mate and I'll see you at the starting line  (laugh)

I wonder how Skeevy Wonder and Durinde's doing...

Stupot

Heads up. I'm likely to be quite busy on the 1st and 2nd of February, so I guess you can consider this a two-day extension (whether you need it or not).

Slasher

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 20/02/2020 09:47:56
Heads up. I'm likely to be quite busy on the 1st and 2nd of February, so I guess you can consider this a two-day extension (whether you need it or not).
Is that all? You tight devil...  (laugh)

Slasher

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2411-frozen-kingdom

(Edit: Few typo mistakes spotted now done.)

Uses the Bass template with the two click handler... Custom one Save, Save Restore, Save Delete. Also incorporates game Pause / unPause.

Synopsis:

A big freeze has suddenly frozen the Kingdom of Malonia and everything is perishing! Queen Fallona has instructed her soldiers to help the villagers with extra blankets and food. The queen has also appointed Rogerick, the seventh son of the earl of Brassock to investigate the cause.

Who is responsible for causing the frozen kingdom? Was it a witch, a sorceress or something else?

Talk to people, obtain useful items and complete tasks. Can Rogerick save the kingdom of Malonia from the clutches of evil?

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2411-frozen-kingdom

DBoyWheeler

I can't help but notice a particular... feature on the protagonist.   :-D

Kastchey

I take it that's a codpiece? That used to be a normal clothing item around the 16th century, I believe.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Kastchey on Sat 22/02/2020 22:49:16
I take it that's a codpiece? That used to be a normal clothing item around the 16th century, I believe.
Methinks the codpiece got a bit cold.  (laugh)

Slasher

At least it's not a dyper  (laugh)

Uses the Bass template with the two click handler... Custom one Save, Save Restore, Save Delete. Also incorporates game Pause / unPause.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk