MAGS February "Frozen World" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sat 01/02/2020 13:22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS February?

Frozen Kingdom
2 (15.4%)
The Frozen Shore
10 (76.9%)
Unfreeze
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Tue 17/03/2020 15:26:16

cipberbloom

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 18/02/2020 10:51:24
Quote from: Skeevy Wonder on Tue 18/02/2020 07:01:16
Awesome theme!

Good luck to everyone, here's to hoping you'll wish me the same. This is my first (....)

Yeah, partners can be a heavy influence with ideas/storylines.... If would be great to see your game in this MAG.. You can always build a bigger game for general release after...

MAG is ideal for a first game and I would love to see you enter and you don't need a zillion rooms  (nod)

Thanks!  :-D

Yes, kill your darlings and all that... then resurrect them later.  ;) Scope creep is such a temptress. Yours is looking great and your rapid progress is inspiring!

cipberbloom

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 20/02/2020 09:47:56
Heads up. I'm likely to be quite busy on the 1st and 2nd of February, so I guess you can consider this a two-day extension (whether you need it or not).

:P Ahhh. This is a bit of a relief! So due 1 March or 29 February...?

Slasher

Time is passing like grains of sand falling in an hourglass..

â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"                     
                      ████████â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"████████                       
                    â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"                     
                      â–"â–"â–"â–"                    â–"â–"â–"â–"                       
                      â–'â–'                        â–'â–'                       
                      â–'â–'â–'â–'                    â–'â–'â–'â–'                       
                      â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'        â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'                       
                        â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'                         
                            â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'                             
                              â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'                               
                                â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'                                 
                                  â–'â–'â–'â–'                                   
                                  â–'â–'â–'â–'                                   
                                  â–'â–'â–'â–'                                   
                                  â–'â–'â–'â–'                                   
                                  â–'â–'â–'â–'                                   
                                    â–'â–'                                   
                        â–'â–'          â–'â–'        â–'â–'                         
                      â–'â–'            â–'â–'          â–'â–'                       
                      â–'â–'            â–'â–'          â–'â–'                       
                      â–'â–'          â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'        â–'â–'                       
                      â–'â–'        â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'      â–'â–'                       
                      â–'â–'    â–'â–'  â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'    â–'â–'                       
                      â–"â–"â–"â–"â–'â–'â–'â–'  â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–"â–"â–"â–"                       
                    â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"                     
                      ████████â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"████████                       
                    â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–'â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"â–"                     

I wish everyone good luck and I really hope YOU finish your game in time  (nod)

Now is the time for action  (laugh)

VampireWombat

Great, now I'm thinking of the Days of Our Lives soap opera that my grandma watched when I was a kid...

I don't have as much done as I'd like, but I do have actual puzzles figured out. The next few days I will make mock ups of the rooms and do programming. If I have time, I will add more rooms and more detail to the rooms.

Durinde

Hey folks,

I'm going to have to pull out. Lost a bunch of days due to having a cold, and found out some bad family news today so the wind is out of my sails. I might release the project eventually once I get in the right mindset again.

Best of luck to all.

cipberbloom

Quote from: Durinde on Thu 27/02/2020 13:32:55
Hey folks,

I'm going to have to pull out. Lost a bunch of days due to having a cold, and found out some bad family news today so the wind is out of my sails. I might release the project eventually once I get in the right mindset again.

Best of luck to all.

Gah. I'm sorry to hear that. May your world right itself very soon. When things are going better I hope you'll consider finishing and uploading if you're still into it.

We'll likely not be making the deadline either (didn't check MAGS until 14 Feb, haven't used AGS in a few years).

Definitely best of luck to all--looking forward to seeing the games.  :)

Slasher

I'm sorry to hear about Durinde's bad news and Skeevy Wonder being unable to complete her game on time...

I do hope that VampireWombat pulls something out of the bag...

It's cold here alone  8-)

Meanwhile, have tweaked a couple of issues..

TheManInBoots

Sorry about the bad news Durinde.

Stupot,
so did I understand you right, the deadline is March 2nd at 23:59?

VampireWombat

Shame about the issues.

But yes, VampireWombat should be able to pull something out of some kind of bag. The day of the deadline, we will see if it should have stayed in the bag or not.

JackPutter

Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on the forum so please forgive me if I make any formatting errors. I have worked hard this month to complete a little game for MAGS, I hope you all enjoy it!

GAME LINK:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2412-the-frozen-shore

SYNOPSIS:
Harry lives a simple life. Every morning he wakes up and takes his little boat out fishing. This morning however, he awakens to find that the whole coastline has been covered in snow! Will he still be able to take his boat out of the harbour for his daily fishing trip?

SCREENSHOTS:

Please let me know what you think, it is my very first game and I am very excited to share it with everyone!

Slasher

JackPutter

short and sweet game.

Well done and welcome  (nod)

JackPutter

Hi Slasher!

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! Hopefully it is my first MAGS entry of many.

I played your game earlier, I really enjoyed it. I liked how one of the main problems the kingdom is facing is that all their beer has frozen solid! I thought the puzzle involving the bread was really clever too.

Cassiebsg

I hope we get summer soon, I'm freezing in here.  (laugh)

Welcome JackPutter and congrats on releasing your first MAGS and first AGS game!  :-D Looking forward to playing it soon.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

TheManInBoots

Jackputter,

I have respect for the fact that you had the discipline to finish your first game, since from what you say you seem to be starting out! :)
The screenshots look already neat!
Welcome to the forum!

Stupot

@TheManInBoots - Yep. You have two extra days :-) Let’s just day 2020 is a leap-leap-leap year.

@JackPutter - Welcome to the boards and congratulations on you first release.

JackPutter

@Cassiebg - Thank you very much, I really appreciate the encouragement! I hope you enjoy it!

@TheManInBoots - That is very nice of you to say, thank you! I made it a very short game on purpose so that I wouldn't run out of steam. You are right, I'm very much starting out so I didn't want to set my sights too high.

@Stupot - Thanks very much, I look forward to making more games and participating in the boards with you all!

VampireWombat

A little under 11 hours. I will definitely have something finished, but still can't be sure what.
Probably most backgrounds will be very barebones and there's a good chance the left/right walkcycle will be limited to 3 frames.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Mon 02/03/2020 13:24:32
A little under 11 hours. I will definitely have something finished, but still can't be sure what.
Probably most backgrounds will be very barebones and there's a good chance the left/right walkcycle will be limited to 3 frames.
3-framed walkcycle... I thought my 4-framed walkcycle held the record  (laugh)

Maybe the rooms are bareboned because the bailiff has been in  (laugh)

You can do it....

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 02/03/2020 14:36:06
3-framed walkcycle... I thought my 4-framed walkcycle held the record  (laugh)

Maybe the rooms are bareboned because the bailiff has been in  (laugh)

You can do it....
3 frames for each direction is kind of standard with RPG Maker.

Alas, that's kind of lost on me. I had to use Wikipedia since the only bailiffs I'm familiar with are in court rooms.

Yes. I will certainly do it. The only question is what "it" will turn out to be. lol

JackPutter

Good luck VampireWombat! I'm sure that whatever you manage to get completed within the deadline will still be lots of fun! I look forward to playing it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk