Mittens 2020 - Chipping Campden, England, 03 - 10 July -- ALL SPACES TAKEN!

Started by AGA, Sun 02/02/2020 15:30:49

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Quote from: Creamy on Tue 25/02/2020 18:20:52
QuoteTheir weekly bookings for the summer season begin on Friday, so it would have to start from 3 to 10 July if we wish to do the first week.

How bizarre. Personally I'd rather have a more classic rental period from saturday to saturday if possible (day off on friday counts double in my company).

Is that a deal breaker for you?  Because it seems Fri - Fri is standard in that area.  And this is by far the cheapest place I've found - most places *start* at twice the price, and get waaay more expensive.

Creamy

Quoteit seems Fri - Fri is standard in that area.

Alright. I'll take 8 days off instead of 6. Or maybe I'll come on Saturday.
The price is fine. The date suits me too.

Esseb

Cotswolds on those days sounds good to me.

Snarky

AGA

All booked!  Pitchers, Chipping Campden, England, from Friday 03 - Friday 10 July

At the current numbers it'll be £206 per person; I'll send a PM about payment.

Igor Hardy

Can I still join the party? :)

Snarky

Igor! Great that you can join.

How do we reckon we're going to do the arrival logistics, for those of us flying in? Meet up at the airport, get a car and drive down? Or make our way there by public transport? Or to somewhere close, then get a car or get picked up from there? Will we even need cars for the week?

I'm hoping to take advantage of Corona-pricing on the flights, and just want to make sure I don't create an awkward arrangement. (Specifically: if we're meeting up at the airport, whether to fly into Heathrow or Birmingham. Heathrow is a direct flight for me.)

AGA

We at least will be driving in. I'd say collating in either Oxford or Swindon would make the most sense, since each is an hour from the rental. You can get a coach, bus or train from London and its airports, to there.

Having another car might be helpful though, given public transport near the rental will be limited. Two cars total should be plenty then.

Disco

The best deal for me right now is flying to Gatwick from Toronto. From there it looks like there is a train to Moreton-in-Marsh (connecting via Reading), which is not far from Chipping Campden. There is a bus service between them that is offered only thrice daily. This would take roughly four hours including a couple layovers, so I am definitely open to faster alternatives/pick up locations as AGA suggests. Good to know public transport is still an option if need be.

Creamy

I'll be coming on Saturday so don't mind me for the arrival. I'll probably take the path that Disco suggested > plane to London > train to Moreton-in-Marsh > stagecoach to Chipping Campden. Or maybe we'll meet somewhere else.

Disco

Just bought a single ticket from Toronto to London for $177  8-0 Thanks Covid! I am due to arrive at Gatwick on the 3rd at 10:05.

Since our rental ends on a Friday, I am looking to capitalise on the booking policy and stay in country through Sunday at least.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk