someone reported the Windows download for Black Sect 2 as broken, but works fine

Started by arj0n, Sat 08/02/2020 11:46:40

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

I received this email today:

AGS Forums
Za 8-2-2020 08:44
An anonymous user from 77.111.246.117 reported Windows download for Black Sect 2: The Cursed Crypt (PnC Remake) as broken.

So I checked but the download works fine and the downloaded zip archive tested OK too.

So no clue why this was send. A hickup maybe? Just thought I report it here.

Cassiebsg

Or maybe it didn't work for him... or he/she was just trolling because he/she could.  :-\
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 08/02/2020 11:50:47
Or maybe it didn't work for him... or he/she was just trolling because he/she could.  :-\

Yup.  Sometimes there's no obvious cause for a download being marked as broken.  I used to get all those emails, so now I'm shifting the responsibility to the game owners!

arj0n

Quote from: AGA on Sat 08/02/2020 11:55:02
I used to get all those emails, so now I'm shifting the responsibility to the game owners!

Yes, that I can see that would otherwise create a lot of overhead. I checked and all seem to be OK.
Thanx for the info guys, case closed  :)

Hobo

Tried downloading it today and (at least for me) the Windows link is not working, Linux one is fine. So, I guess there's something going on with it.
Grabbed it from ich.io instead.

arj0n

Checked and yes, the windows download is broken indeed.

Added both mirror download links.

One strange thing:
After adding a mirror DL link for both the Windows and Linux versions, the download popup shows the original Windows dl link twice.
The Windows mirror dl link and the original and mirror dl link for Linux are all three shown correctly.

EDIT:
After adding the mirror dl links, the original dl link for the windows version was working again.
Removed the mirror dl link and the original dl link was still working.

...suspecting the 'broken link' was just a temporary hick-up  ???

arj0n

AGA

I was doing some database cleanup the other day, and 11 games ended up with duplicate primary Windows download fields.  I've cleared them out now, so should be as expected again for those games!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk