Show unread posts since last visit (not working properly anymore?)

Started by Cassiebsg, Tue 07/04/2020 07:15:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

All this week I've notice that the "Show unread posts since last visit." isn't reliable anymore. But have a feeling this has been happening for a longer time, as I occasionally find posts in the "show all unread" that I hadn't seen before.

I click on it and it does not show me new posts anymore. Just now I clicked on it, and showed there's no new posts, however if I click "all unread" I can see there's 6 from today and 3 from yesterday.  :-\

This didn't used to happen, the posts I didn't want to read kept staying on my "unread since" for 2-3 days before they only showed into the "all unread" list.

The most blatant example is when I  go to work in the mooring (so didn't turn on the computer or even logged into the forum), I check the forum from work in "lurk mode" (meaning that I do not log on to my account, and just read the new posts as a guest), and then when I do get home and start the computer and log onto the forum the forum tells me that there's "No unread topics found since your last visit."  :-\ And I know for a fact that there are, cause I saw and read them at work.

I'm not sure if it's just me with my outdated FF, or if it's happening to others here as well.

If this is going to continue, would it be possible to add a "all unread posts" link the top? So I can start using that one instead.  ;)
If not I can live with the extra click to get to the all posts.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

No idea why it's happening, but it's going too deep into core SMF functionality to fix it.  I changed the link to point to the all unread page instead, as you suggested.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk