Multiple inventories

Started by ld-airgrafix, Mon 17/02/2020 01:26:15

Previous topic - Next topic

ld-airgrafix

I have been looking for a right engine for my game for a long time now, from 3d to 2d to simple text based engines like quest.
I really like AGS, mainly because it has such a large and always present community.
I understand my game would have to be simplified alot, to suit AGS, and im fine with that.
Some questions.
1-being a game set in wild west, horses are very important to this game. Is it possible to set horse as an extra inventory?
2-horse riding, im hoping to solve this with views, ie. view 1 normal walking animations, view 2 horse riding animations. Would this solve my problem?
3- player attributes, such as hunger, health etc. Is this something Ags is comfortable with?

Thanks fir the help

Cassiebsg

Yes, can do all that easily.  (nod)
Though maybe the Horse is best to added as a character, but you can also have it as "inventory item" if you like.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ld-airgrafix on Mon 17/02/2020 01:26:15
1-being a game set in wild west, horses are very important to this game. Is it possible to set horse as an extra inventory?

Wasn't sure whether you mean to have extra storage in a horse, or have horse as an inventory item, but judging by the post title it's probably first.
In AGS every character has inventory. If you add horse as a character it will have a separate inventory too.

2-horse riding, im hoping to solve this with views, ie. view 1 normal walking animations, view 2 horse riding animations. Would this solve my problem?

Yes, it's possible to change character views in runtime, and that will automatically make them use different set of animations.

3- player attributes, such as hunger, health etc. Is this something Ags is comfortable with?

In AGS you may add any extra attributes either in script, as variables, or attach to the object using "custom properties".

ld-airgrafix

Thanks to you both, really encouraging replies.

guga2112

If you need such attributes for every category (all characters, all objects, etc), you can use properties. In my game, in order to save room objects, I used custom properties to add an "object state" (e.g. a door, open / closed / locked / whatever).

If you only need attributes for the current player, or for the player character and you have only one player character, I'd use global variables.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk