Exciting exotic animals

Started by Blondbraid, Tue 18/02/2020 08:16:46

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Gilbert

It's a piranha evolved after eating people!

Blondbraid

The Marabou stork:

Basically, every single fact about this animal is disgusting; they look like an unholy cross between a stork and a vulture with a scrotum on their neck,
they are called "the undertaker bird" due to their gruesome appearance and habit of hanging out near dead things and eating carrion when they're not
digging through garbage at dumps, they poop on their legs to keep cool and even their name, Marabou, comes from the Arab word for hermit because
of the birds being stinky and repulsive creatures driving people away with their gross habits.

And for some inexplicable reason, this is the animal Sweden's most popular chocolate brand choose to take their name from:

And even decorating their pralines with it's image:

Gilbert

They are just being honest.
Spoiler
Their chocolates are just like cool poop on your legs.
[close]

milkanannan

Have potoo birds been shared yet?

Blondbraid

These birds have rather weird heads;

Blondbraid

This must be the cutest invasion ever!

FanOfHumor

selmiak

omg, this fish is hilarious! :D

N0ra8

Mouth for war

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 13/05/2021 08:57:42

And for some inexplicable reason, this is the animal Sweden's most popular chocolate brand choose to take their name from:

I think that the origin of that word is from islam. Marabout. A marabout is something like a saint/holy person and the bird got the name from marabout and then that declicious chocolate was named after the bird. Just sayin' :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sun 13/03/2022 21:06:12
Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 13/05/2021 08:57:42

I think that the origin of that word is from islam. Marabout. A marabout is something like a saint/holy person and the bird got the name from marabout and then that declicious chocolate was named after the bird. Just sayin' :D
I remember reading that from wikipedia,  it's named that way because the birds looked somber and lonely or something, though I'm still stumped as to what that has to do with cocolate!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk