Hi. Can someone delete my game section for me.

Started by Meystari F, Tue 18/02/2020 10:52:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Meystari F

Hi. Can someone delete my game section for me.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2407-leisure-suit-larry-1-ega-icelandic/

I was going to edit it but I always get now this error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on bool in /var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/pages/game/add_or_edit.php:174 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/pages/game.php(20): require_once() #1 /var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/index.php(103): require_once('/var/www/advent...') #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/pages/game/add_or_edit.php on line 174

cat

I disabled the game, now it is not visible in the database anymore. I hope this is what you wanted to achieve. I was also not able to edit the game, with the same error message you got.

AGA

I've fixed the issue that was preventing editing.  Users can't delete their own games regardless, so it would have required a game game admin's input!

Meystari F

Quote from: cat on Tue 18/02/2020 11:05:37
I disabled the game, now it is not visible in the database anymore. I hope this is what you wanted to achieve. I was also not able to edit the game, with the same error message you got.

Thanks.  I could not edit my game page because I got this strange error. Because I thought my game section was damaged,  I needed to delete that game section or get it fixed. I deleted the demo because I need to fix it. I'll upload the demo again as soon as it get fixed.

Meystari F

Quote from: AGA on Tue 18/02/2020 13:14:42
I've fixed the issue that was preventing editing.  Users can't delete their own games regardless, so it would have required a game game admin's input!

Thanks.  Another question.

Why am I getting a bad link connection errors warnings from my virus internet security protection (McAfee) when I visit some of the old forum pages?

Are these pages not safe anymore?

AGA

Everything on this site is 100% safe.  I can't guarantee anything for any sites or files linked to from here though.  Can you give me examples of links that McAfee is warning are unsafe?

AGA

That isn't on this site.  As I said, we take no responsibility for any external sites people may link to.

Meystari F

I am  not blaming the AGS forums. I know AGS forums are ok.
I just find it strange when I get this bad connection warnings if I click on some older threads.

When I was on page 2 and 3 on this page I got no warnings. But I get warning when I am on page 1 on this thread. So maybe it is the links that person are sharing which is causing this.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56502.0

Thanks again for the reply.

AGA

No idea what's happening, but ultimately it's out of our control.  Sorry!

Laura Hunt

I got an alert from my IT department today saying that apparently the domain s.put.re where I usually host the images I post here was being flagged as "insecure". Maybe they got compromised or something, but like AGA says, it's a third party issue so unfortunately there's nothing the AGS admins can do about it.

Meystari F

Yes I know. But it is still good that I warned people about this right?
Or maybe you already knew that. 
Just be careful when you are going to click on threads with unsafe or bad links. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk