[Feature suggestion] Ctrl+a, Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v, etc

Started by Olleh19, Tue 18/02/2020 16:05:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Olleh19

Yeah, inside the editor when i import my gigantic sprite custom animations, i can't use ctrl+a (to select everything) and have to drag down with the mouse and select everything if i want to make changes to the sprites (which basically happens all the time  (laugh))
it also lags like crazy when selecting huge amounts of sprites for unknown reason. Even tho my setup is kinda old 9years, it's still an i7 with 8gbs of ram, i doubt it should really "lag", it's just something that can probably be fixed(?).

Edit: I haven't tried the absolut latest revision so MY BAD if this already has been fixed. Just delete the thread if that's the case. Thanks!

Olleh19

A little bit embarassed  :-[ (roll)
I have been using 3.4.1 for a longwhile now, tried 3.5.0 just now. Got it downloaded before. The lag when selecting all sprites (270+ sprites) is gone, but no ctrl+a to be seen (to select all sprites in the window, to be clear what i'm asking for). I guess it's just a minor thing, but it would definately be nice to have. I use ctrl+a a lot in editing overall in other programs, when you have 270+ sprites, it's kinda handy to avoid having to scroll down in the window and hold shift/mouse clicking, but on the otherhand i know i'm in the extreme sprite range (it's not like it sounds!!). It's for the timing of things. The animation needs to go faster at someplaces and slower at others, and therefor i'd figured it's just easier to recreate that feel inside of photoshop directly by duplicating some frames, and so on so forth!

Matti

You have an animation with 270+ sprites?  8-0

Quote from: Olleh19 on Wed 19/02/2020 21:03:52
it's kinda handy to avoid having to scroll down in the window and hold shift/mouse clicking

You don't need to hold down the shift key or mouse button. Just select the first sprite, then select the last sprite while pressing shift.

morganw

The excessive slowdown when multi-selecting was fixed in AGS 3.5, but there are no copy and paste options at the moment.

Olleh19

Quote from: Matti on Thu 20/02/2020 00:39:12
You have an animation with 270+ sprites?  8-0

Quote from: Olleh19 on Wed 19/02/2020 21:03:52
it's kinda handy to avoid having to scroll down in the window and hold shift/mouse clicking

You don't need to hold down the shift key or mouse button. Just select the first sprite, then select the last sprite while pressing shift.

Yes, but it's duplicates of some frames with slight changes just to make the animation look more smooth, and also because i can't (i think?!) slowdown or speed up a animation in AGS, timing it exactly how i want that is, so i do it in with duplicated sprites instead!  :-[ (laugh)

Still would love that ctrl+a, Morganw! :D

Cassiebsg

Actually you can specify how long a frame should be displayed in the view editor. Not sure if it's possible to code it via script though.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Matti

Yes, there's no need to duplicate frames. Just set a delay for them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk