Problem when quoting

Started by Cassiebsg, Sat 22/02/2020 12:47:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Hi

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54835.msg636616379#msg636616379

I was trying to quote this post, since there seems to be a picture posted going by CaptainD's reply. When I can't see the image, I often quote and then grab the url and post it directly on my browser as it sometimes helps.
But all I get is a white frame on top saying "Loading..." and then nothing happens.  :-\ I thought the quote function was broken (I've never seen that top frame before), but I tried hitting the quote for CaptainD's post and that worked. I tried the post above that one and that worked also.
So now I'm guessing the "loading" part is taking too long because it can't load the image/video?

Don't know if it's possible, but if it is, maybe give the "loading..." a couple secs timeout on media and then just display the text?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

No idea, but given you're the only person to ever mention this, and it's only for one post, it's really not worth the effort of trying to fix it.  You really don't know how complicated SMF is!

morganw

The XML isn't valid if the post contains an ampersand, so I think this will be broken for any post that contains one. Try to quote me & see. It also breaks the preview.

AGA

Quote from: morganw on Sat 22/02/2020 13:17:39
The XML isn't valid if the post contains an ampersand, so I think this will be broken for any post that contains one. Try to quote me & see. It also breaks the preview.

Incorrect!

(I fixed that issue a while ago).

morganw

Well I couldn't preview this message, and it was 2 minutes ago.

AGA

I don't know what it is, but I edited the post to test quoting it with removing then readding the & and it quotes fine now.

morganw

Maybe there is an issue with the cache control, it was definitely a problem. You get a Javascript error saying the XML is invalid, and looking at the XML directly it is also flagged as invalid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk