I'd like to show some music I made

Started by Loslem, Mon 24/02/2020 15:31:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Loslem

Hey guys,

okay, long story short, I've been tinkering with FL Studio for some time now and I'd love to show some tracks I composed over the course of a year or so.
Be warned, they use a lot of reverb and delay, as mainly I was trying to work on an underwater theme. Critic welcome, there's always room to improve :)

https://soundcloud.com/andy-wa-242100310/sets/game-music-with-a-lot-of-reverb

Edit: I'll continue adding tracks too the list.

Also: if you hear a track and think "maybe i could use this for a scenario" hit me up

morganw

I liked them. I think the only one where I found the reverb a little heavy/distracting was the second track, maybe because there wasn't really a contrasting part that wasn't using so much reverb and it got quite busy. I'm not sure how it would be used, whether it would be for background music or for something more prominent, but considering the style it all sounded pretty good to me...

Matti

Quote from: morganw on Mon 24/02/2020 19:59:06
I think the only one where I found the reverb a little heavy/distracting was the second track, maybe because there wasn't really a contrasting part that wasn't using so much reverb and it got quite busy.

Yes, I found that a bit heavy too, and also the second half of the first track. Other than that I really like them, and they definitely sound like game music  :)

Loslem

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies :)
I have to admit, the first Track somehow spiraled out of control, I kind of like the idea to make something rise up with that much noise, but over 3 minutes might be to long xD
Also the second track isn't mixed very well, I have to admit. As I said, all that stuff just collected itself over a year.

But I'm really glad that you said "it sounds like game music", that's what it's about :)

I might update the first post when I got something new.

Laura Hunt

I hope this doesn't sound like a backhanded compliment or anything, but it really feels like game music! As in, it's not really that interesting to listen to by itself, but I can perfectly imagine it playing in the background of a game, which is the whole point. So, goal achieved, I guess! ;-D

eri0o

My favorite one is Sleepy Locker, I think it can be attached to a minor character that is memorable (at least, it reminded me of Gato from Crono Trigger).

March 8-bit is very hopeful, a character that hasn't had his/her world shaken yet.

Dark Rise sounds like the one that had more polishing among these musics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk