MAGS March “Death Defying” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/03/2020 11:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS March?

Sandi Knievel: Stunt Rider
1 (6.7%)
Brothers & Wreckers - Episode 7
0 (0%)
Barn Runner: Pucker Factor
5 (33.3%)
The Mind
0 (0%)
Whack-A-Soul
1 (6.7%)
Dangerous Derek's Livestream
7 (46.7%)
FATMAN - The Survival Tale of Jim Woods
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Thu 23/04/2020 09:03:55

Stupot

Topic: Death Defying
Set by: Slasher

Voting is open. Please vote using the poll above.

by Slasher
Brothers and Wreckers â€" Episode 7
by Creamy
BARN RUNNER: PUCKER FACTOR
by Ponch
The Mind
by HanaIndiana
Whack-A-Soul
by PlayPretend
Dangerous Derek's Livestream
by JackPutter
FATMAN-The Survival tale of Jim Woods
by TheManInBoots

Anything to do with death defying which could be a daredevil of some type who enjoys the thrill of dancing with the grim reaper.
Maybe you are a rock climber or someone who loves walking up buildings or bull riding or perhaps a stunt driver.  You decide.

You may use any graphics available to create your game within a month... Get creating....

Deadline: March 31st

Need a little help with graphics? Perhaps The AGS Trove has something you can use.
Don't want to go it alone? Try the Recruitment board.

What is MAGS?
Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favourite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules
Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualize your game following the month's criteria (see above). Second, create your game fuelled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

* A working download link
* The title of your game
* A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fourteen days, and the winner chooses the next month's theme.

Slasher

Come on guys... get creating you little devils  (laugh)

VampireWombat

Maybe...
I have another project that I'm starting work on on Tuesday. Also have to see how well my current MAGS game goes.

Slasher

Guess I'll have a go....Mmm... What shall I do?  (laugh)

Slasher

I've had quite a think about it and I've hit on a few ideas..

Some of it has been mapped out in my mind and I think I can do it in the time allocated...

I've called my game:

I can visualise Flaming hoops and buses ;)

Now, I just need to put everything in place... or at least try  (laugh)

Slasher

You are Sandi Knievel, stunt rider ranked 3rd in the world and have entered the 2020 Stunt Rider Championship.

You love the thrill of kissing the grim reaper and dicing with danger!

You are up against some stiff rivals that include Johnny Kidd, Greaser Bill, Fast Eddie and the dreaded Razor Smith: ranked 4th in the world. Razor Smith is a nasty piece of work at the best of times. He once poisoned a blindman's dog and stole his cane!

You are smart and have the best stunt bike mechanics in the business, but are they enough to beat the other rivals and win the 2020 Stunt Rider Championship?

The correct speed, and the right equipment for each stunt are key factors and it is the fastest time that wins.

Be careful you don't fall off and have an accident and end up being carted off in an ambulance before trying the stunt again.

Hints after accidents give a clue as to why you failed that stunt.

Choose equipment and set your speed for each stunt.

Stunts include:

• Hair-raising jumps
  • Bed of nails
  • Flaming hoops
  • Buses
  • Choose a breakfast before a Barrel race
  • ....And more
Stunt Rider's results are displayed at the end..

Will you become the 2020 Stunt Rider Champion?

The game is 95% planned out... Now comes the hard part  (laugh)

The Great Underground Empire

I might give this a try... finally have more free time in my life. :)

Came up with a short, simple plot for "Death and Taxes":

You are the lowest of the low at the IRS, until one day you nearly die in your cramped, basement office.  Except Death saves you, on one condition: you wipe out his eternity of unpaid taxes. If you don't, you'll be *cough* permanently deducted.

Slasher

Sounds intriguing PlayPretend...

Can't wait until you start creating it  (nod)

Even the devil must pay  (laugh)

JackPutter

I think I have a concept for this month too! I just need to come up with some more puzzles to keep it interesting. I'll do my best to get an entry in on time!

Slasher

Quote from: JackPutter on Thu 05/03/2020 20:04:21
I think I have a concept for this month too! I just need to come up with some more puzzles to keep it interesting. I'll do my best to get an entry in on time!
If you do like you did on your last game you'll be fine and I look forward to it ;)

Meanwhile, stunts 1,2, and 3 are now in place in my entry....

Ponch

"Pucker Factor" now has 2 1/3 working rooms packed with placeholder art!  :cheesy:

Edit: Probably won't be able to finish it, but the tagline is "The Barn Runner Flight/Dating Sim"  :=

Slasher

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 06/03/2020 05:21:24
"Pucker Factor" now has 2 1/3 working rooms packed with placeholder art!  :cheesy:

Edit: Probably won't be able to finish it, but the tagline is "The Barn Runner Flight/Dating Sim"  :=
Come on Ponch... You can do it... The world is counting on you ;)

And you to, JackPutter.............

The Great Underground Empire

Update: I got stuck in a quagmire of self-doubt and changed mine to something simpler and nearly plotless.

Whack-A-Soul.  Working well in early test stages!

Slasher

Good luck PlayPretend..........

Prepare yourself and calibrate your speed before jumping through the rings of fire stunt....

Slasher

My entry is basically finished and now it's testing time...

Is HanaIndiana going to creep a game in this month?

HanaIndiana

I just might  ;)  (laugh)

Look forward to playing Sandi Knievel!

Slasher

Hi

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2415-sandi-knievel-stunt-rider/

You are Sandi Knievel, stunt rider ranked 3rd in the world and have entered the 2020 Stunt Rider Championship.

You love the thrill of kissing the grim reaper and dicing with danger!

You are up against some stiff rivals that include Johnny Kidd, Greaser Bill, Fast Eddie and the dreaded Razor Smith: ranked 4th in the world. Razor Smith is a nasty piece of work at the best of times. He once poisoned a blindman's dog and stole his cane!

You are smart and have the best stunt bike mechanics in the business, but are they enough to beat the other rivals and win the 2020 Stunt Rider Championship?

The correct speed, and the right equipment for each stunt are key factors and it is the fastest time who wins.

Be careful you don't fall off and have an accident and end up being carted off in an ambulance before trying the stunt again.

Hints after accidents give a clue as to why you failed that stunt.

Choose equipment and set your speed for each stunt.

Stunts include:
* Hair-raising jumps
* Bed of nails
* Flaming rings
* Buses
* Choose a breakfast before a Barrel race
* ....And more

Stunt Rider's results are displayed at the end..

Will you become the 2020 Stunt Rider Champion?

One save game slot.................

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2415-sandi-knievel-stunt-rider/

Ponch

My game is not quite half done... But I'm still hopeful that I'll make the deadline!  :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk