MAGS March “Death Defying” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/03/2020 11:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS March?

Sandi Knievel: Stunt Rider
1 (6.7%)
Brothers & Wreckers - Episode 7
0 (0%)
Barn Runner: Pucker Factor
5 (33.3%)
The Mind
0 (0%)
Whack-A-Soul
1 (6.7%)
Dangerous Derek's Livestream
7 (46.7%)
FATMAN - The Survival Tale of Jim Woods
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Thu 23/04/2020 09:03:55

HanaIndiana

@Slasher When I click the download button, and the options window pops up, it's blank. I tried other games, and it's working okay.
Not sure what would cause it.

Slasher

HanaIndiana

Slasher

You're welcome HanaIndiana...

I hope your stunt riding was good enough to win and beat the horrible Razor Smith  (laugh)

Reiter

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 01/03/2020 16:22:09
Come on guys... get creating you little devils  (laugh)

I have something 'in the works'. It truly is a theme that is too good not to try.

We shall see, but I like to think that posting about it is a form of commitment, as it were.

Slasher

Reiter... It would be great to see an entry from you..

If it's 'too good not to try' then you simply must create it...

I look forward to more details about your game...

Get weaving ;)

Ponch

First early build of my game is going out to my playtesters today. I feel pretty confident that I'll actually be able to finish a MAGS game for the first time in years:cheesy:

HanaIndiana

Woohoo, more entries!
I played Stunt Rider, and totally beat Razor. Ha! Very cool game Slasher  :-D I love all the levels.

Slasher

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Mon 16/03/2020 22:09:49
Woohoo, more entries!
I played Stunt Rider, and totally beat Razor. Ha! Very cool game Slasher  :-D I love all the levels.
I'm glad you kicked Razor Smith's butt  (laugh)

The Great Underground Empire

Still plugging away despite corona craziness!

Got all the in-game graphics and characters done, souls are bobbing happily along, ready to be whacked.  The rest is mostly just a LOT of repetitive coding for how the souls fly up the screen, since they travel at different speeds to make it increasingly challenging.

After that, rushing to dress it up as much as possible before the deadline!  Good luck everyone! :)

Ponch

The school where I teach has been closed for two weeks and will be closed for at least another two. Not only is this the most ambitious MAGS game I've ever made (since the one I attempted to make for the "water" theme), I stand an excellent chance of actually finishing this one! The latest test build just went out to my playtester!  :cheesy:

Slasher

It seems that PlayPretend / blur and Ponch have games on the boil...

This could be exciting and I hope they deliver...  (nod)

Also, it seems Mandle has deserted us   :(

blur

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 22/03/2020 08:16:38
It seems that PlayPretend / blur and Ponch have games on the boil...
Sorry, I don't. I was just posting the correct image link, because all I can see in PlayPretend's post is the broken image icon.

Cassiebsg

Oh, I thought you, blur, were working with PlayPretend and just posted the image while he posted the text.  8-0 I didn't realize there was a broken image in his post.  :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Sorry, not sure what happened there!  Thanks for the assist!

TheManInBoots

Quote from: PlayPretend on Sun 22/03/2020 19:10:31
Sorry, not sure what happened there!  Thanks for the assist!
I think it happened to me, too once before.
You cannot add a simple link as an image link. It only recognizes the image when you paste the exact image adress which inlcudes the image filename extension (e.g. ".png" at the end) ;)

Yep, that's exactly what happened, I just posted an upload link between the image tags, doh, no PNG at the end.

And phew, after a week of different failed workarounds, I *finally* got my code working so clicking the souls will animate an "explosion death" loop in the background, then vanish, while leaving the cursor free to click more souls.

Now to slog through copy/pasting and adjusting the code for all the souls for each level!  :-D  Not as bad a chore when you know it actually finally works!

TheManInBoots

Cool that you try to create something new with AGS and not the typical adventure game!

Working on hard problems is fun! Glad you enjoy it!

HanaIndiana

It's funny, this theme seems to lend itself to non-adventure games. I think we may have a few this month.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk