MAGS March “Death Defying” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/03/2020 11:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS March?

Sandi Knievel: Stunt Rider
1 (6.7%)
Brothers & Wreckers - Episode 7
0 (0%)
Barn Runner: Pucker Factor
5 (33.3%)
The Mind
0 (0%)
Whack-A-Soul
1 (6.7%)
Dangerous Derek's Livestream
7 (46.7%)
FATMAN - The Survival Tale of Jim Woods
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Thu 23/04/2020 09:03:55

Slasher

My son Luke at Lingfield doing he's death defying stunts (inspiration)  (laugh)

https://youtu.be/xPBRAxpirgQ

TheManInBoots

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Mon 23/03/2020 16:06:48
It's funny, this theme seems to lend itself to non-adventure games. I think we may have a few this month.
Ooh, somehow I can't help myself but believe to hear in what you're saying, that you are also creating something a little bit "out of the box" this month.
Awesome!
I was recently experimenting with pixel perfect collision detection to do something a bit different from the usual Adv.-game. It works a bit slow tho, the perfect collision det. :P

Slasher

Quote from: TheManInBoots on Tue 24/03/2020 00:20:47
It's funny, this theme seems to lend itself to non-adventure games. I think we may have a few this month.
Ooh, somehow I can't help myself but believe to hear in what you're saying, that you are also creating something a little bit "out of the box" this month.
Awesome!
I was recently experimenting with pixel perfect collision detection to do something a bit different from the usual Adv.-game. It works a bit slow tho, the perfect collision det. :P
It appears non adventure games this month... Which is ok...

If you are using the PPC module it draws a rectangle around the whole object/character and can cause slowness...

JackPutter

I am currently working away at my entry for this month, I have 2 out of 3 rooms pretty much done! It looks like my entry will possibly be the only traditional adventure game, hopefully it holds up well against all the other outside-the-box ideas!

TheManInBoots

I'm curious to see what fun riddles you'll create this time, Jackputter!  :)

Slasher

Who ever is creating a game had better step up a gear... only a few days left..

Good luck to everyone  (nod)

Meanwhile I'm waiting for the next topic  (laugh)

Ponch

I'm wrapping up my project in a few days. I think I'll make it to the finish line!  :cheesy:

HanaIndiana

Nice Ponch! I'll be working up to the day, but I'll have something playable for sure.

The Great Underground Empire

Nearly done!  Just tweaking the souls, adding music and sound, then anything else I can add before deadline will be gravy!  Good luck everyone!

Creamy

I'm in too. Blame it on containment. It won't be a point and click either.

Slasher

I'm really thrilled that:

JackPutter
Ponch
HanaIndiana
PlayPretend
Creamy

...are entering this month's MAG..

It's going to be a bumper ride  (laugh)

JackPutter

My build is at the point where I can play through from start to finish if I do everything exactly 100% correct... now to test and add extra flair where I can!

Ponch

Playtesting is finished. I'm putting cutscenes in now. Game should go up tomorrow night!  :grin:

HanaIndiana

Just putting the finishing touches on it, woohoo! I'd say it fitting the theme is a stretch, but I really just wanted to make a game. And I had a hard time coming up with something.
This has been a rough month.  :tongue:  But I can't wait to play some great MAGS games!  :grin:

Creamy

Here's my entry:

[imgzoom]http://creamy.r.c.f.unblog.fr/files/2020/03/image2.png[/imgzoom]
Brothers & Wreckers â€" Episode 7

This episode was done on my own because Flugeldufel was busy this week (unlike me).
I had a hard time getting anything to work with the Easy3D module.

Good luck guys.

Ponch

After several years of not finishing an AGS MAGS game, I am proud to somehow find myself presenting a finished product!

BARN RUNNER: PUCKER FACTOR

For those of you not familiar with the term, "pucker factor" is aviation slang for how scary something is. And for Dr. Noriko, her decision to pursue a younger man* while also trying (at great personal risk**) to recover an item she lost, that term can be read in more than one way.

My first completed Barn Runner game since 2012, this is part of the larger Barn Runner series that has been ongoing since late 2003. For the continuity hungry among you, it takes place a couple of months before The Forever Friday, part 1.

Part flight sim, part dating sim, Pucker Factor will hopefully entertain you through these long days locked inside our apartments.

Download and enjoy! (and vote!)

http://www.barnrunner.com/games/BR_MAGS_2.zip

MOAR SCREENSHOTS!!1!
Arcade-y Action!

Talky Action!

Thanks to kconan for play testing and spell checking!  :smiley:

HanaIndiana

Wow, so many amazing looking entries! Unfortunately I have 7 more hours before I can play, but it's something to look forward to.

Ponch

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Mon 30/03/2020 17:11:25
Wow, so many amazing looking entries! Unfortunately I have 7 more hours before I can play, but it's something to look forward to.
Are you going to make the deadline? Time's running out!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk