MAGS March “Death Defying” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/03/2020 11:41:41

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS March?

Sandi Knievel: Stunt Rider
1 (6.7%)
Brothers & Wreckers - Episode 7
0 (0%)
Barn Runner: Pucker Factor
5 (33.3%)
The Mind
0 (0%)
Whack-A-Soul
1 (6.7%)
Dangerous Derek's Livestream
7 (46.7%)
FATMAN - The Survival Tale of Jim Woods
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Thu 23/04/2020 09:03:55

Ponch

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 11/04/2020 14:05:11
I must confess that I missed Prick though. These characters are more conventional.
Prick may appear in the full version of the game. And after the various sordid details of Noriko's personal life that are revealed in her conversation with The Chief, I am impressed that you still see her as boring and conventional. You, sir, must live a life of excess that I can only admire from a safe distance. I tip my hat to you, Creamy! (roger-monocle.gif)

Edited to include:  :=

Creamy

Spoiler
QuoteThere is, in fact, a secret ending! So if you think Derek doesn't deserve a happily-ever-after, you can always insist that he attempts the stunt without the proper equipment...
Will definitely try it!
[close]

QuotePrick may appear in the full version of the game. And after the various sordid details of Noriko's personal life that are revealed in her conversation with The Chief, I am impressed that you still see her as boring and conventional. You, sir, must live a life of excess that I can only admire from a safe distance. I tip my hat to you, Creamy! (roger-monocle.gif)

They're not boring by any means and their sexual lives are probably more hectic than that of Prick.

I was refering to their personality. Noriko, Harry and the chief seem more professional.

To me, Prick is this fascinating mix of an heroic loser, like Roger Wilco. He does the weirdest things and is regularly ridiculed - especially in the latter instalments - but somehow gets the job done and provokes contradictory feelings.

This review wasn't meant to sound negative. I truly enjoyed the game and will gladly play the last part.

Ponch

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 11/04/2020 23:44:00
This review wasn't meant to sound negative. I truly enjoyed the game and will gladly play the last part.
Whoops.  I sometimes forget to include smileys.   :embarrassed: 

My comment was meant to be humorous, but it didn't read that way without a smiley. Here, take this Larry  := and cut him out and tape him on your monitor so he shows up on my earlier post. (Barn Runner games is not responsible for any damage to monitors that may result) Thanks!

Slasher

Someone reported that they could not get beyond the barrel race in Sandi Knievel: Stunt Rider...

Has anyone else had this or any other problem?

Also, who has managed to complete the game?

Thank you

HanaIndiana

The first time I played the final race, I did 'something' that caused it not to do anything once we crossed the finished line. We all just sat there at the edge of the screen.
Unfortunately my memory is bad... but I think I clicked my bike or something instead of just sitting back and letting it go.
When I replayed, I didn't touch anything, and it finished okay. Again, assuming my memory is working properly.  (laugh)

Slasher

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Mon 13/04/2020 20:22:14
The first time I played the final race, I did 'something' that caused it not to do anything once we crossed the finished line. We all just sat there at the edge of the screen.
Unfortunately my memory is bad... but I think I clicked my bike or something instead of just sitting back and letting it go.
When I replayed, I didn't touch anything, and it finished okay. Again, assuming my memory is working properly.  (laugh)

Well caught... I will fix  (nod)

Cheers

Slasher

Hi

Fixed bug during Barrel race.... I hope (laugh)

heltenjon

Slasher wants a bug report, so I replayed and finally finished first in Stunt Rider today. When reading about the bug HanaIndiana had encountered, I recall that I had that one, too. Had to go back and cross the finish line again, if I recall correctly. (Which is probably history now after you have fixed it, anyway.)

I had the game crash/lock up when I had too much going on in several open windows in the background. Pretty sure that was due to insufficient memory.

Not sure if it counts as a bug, but when I tried pushing the ball into the hole, I had it bouncing back and forth between the bike and the hole.

Spoiler
I guess I had the wrong speed.
[close]

The same occurs when I push the ball to either wall on the ends of the track, which is a good thing, but one time it was caught in a loop of bouncing between the bike and the wall, and I was forced to quit via task manager to get out of it. No other problems. I'm impressed that the game engine can be used like this. :)

Stupot

One more week of voting. Hope you're all enjoying the games.

Stupot

Well, it was close between Ponch and JackPutter, but the winner of MAGS March is:

JackPutter, for Dangerous Derek’s Livestream.

That makes two wins in two attempts. Well done Jack. I’ll contact you soon about choosing a topic for May.

Unlucky Ponch. Glad to see another Barn Runner game. Please join in again soon.

And thanks and well done to everyone else who got a game in. After a bit of a dry spell we showed that MAGS is still very much alive and well.

Slasher

Well done  JackPutter   (nod)

See you in the next one and don't be late  (laugh)

JackPutter

Holy Moly! I can't believe that result! Thank you so much to everyone who played Dangerous Derek's Livestream (and especially those who voted for it) and I'm sure Derek himself would be thrilled by this news! I am extremely flattered. I think everyone should be proud of the games they entered this month, I thought all the entries offered so much and the competition was very stiff! You all did terrific work and I'm very pleased to be among such talented folks.

The Great Underground Empire

Congrats JackPutter!  :grin:  And awesome job everybody!

Creamy

Shadow1000

Awesome game! well deserved congratulations.

Ponch

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 24/04/2020 07:06:20
Unlucky Ponch. Glad to see another Barn Runner game. Please join in again soon.
Unlucky? My game got to second base, and for a dating sim, that means I got lucky!  :=

Congrats, JackPutter.

pell

Shoot. I meant to vote on this, but I  only got around to playing three of the games. I won't say which three, but I found Dangerous Derek the best of them. It looks like I was not alone in that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk