MAGS February "Frozen World" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sat 01/02/2020 13:22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS February?

Frozen Kingdom
2 (15.4%)
The Frozen Shore
10 (76.9%)
Unfreeze
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Tue 17/03/2020 15:26:16

JackPutter

I just checked this thread as I couldn't remember what the deadline for voting was. Are those the official results at the top? Or is voting still open?

Slasher

Well done JackPutter for The Frozen Shore..

Congratulations  (nod)

Stupot

Congratulations JackPutter. Your game The Frozen Shore is the winner for February.

You’ll be contacted by PM in the coming days about choosing a topic for April :-)

TheManInBoots

JackPutter

Oh wow, that's amazing! I never thought my first little game would win anything! Thank you very much to everyone who played the game, everyone who gave feedback, and everyone who voted for me! I promise not to let this success go to my head, I know I still have a long way to go!

On a side note, I've just noticed that when I look at my profile it says "I haven't yet worked on any finished games." However on the main game page where I uploaded the game it correctly lists me as the creator. Did I do something wrong in the upload, or in my account settings? Or do you think that is a bug?

Slasher

JackPutter: Your game is on your profile now...

JackPutter

I SWEAR it wasn't there when I wrote my last post! Must be magic...

Slasher

Quote from: JackPutter on Wed 18/03/2020 16:47:34
I SWEAR it wasn't there when I wrote my last post! Must be magic...
As you type your name you must click your name on the link that appears underneath..

Cassiebsg

Congrats JackPutter, we look forward to see what you come up with for the next mags theme and what your next game will be like.  :)

The site/forum's been having connection problems, maybe connection to the DB failed when you checked.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

Amazing job! Extra congrats for winning the MAGS on your first entry. I look forward to more games from JackPutter.

Retro Wolf

Well done JackPutter! Welcome to the wonderful world of games development!

Kastchey

Well done JackPutter, congratulations!
Hoping to see more from you.

Stupot

One good thing about people being kicked out of their offices is that there’s no excuse for a bad MAGS turnout in April!

You all better be gearing up for a bumper edition. Start finding team mates now!

TheManInBoots

Thanks Stupot for organizing the MAGS competition.

I already spent all my energy on the last month's MAGS game, so I think I will take it easy this month even despite the pandemic lol.
But I hope that people will take the extra time to create something especially creative and original! That would be cool.

I upgraded a few things in my game. Most obviously I added sound effects, I also calibrated the music volume, improved the rabbit hunt and other things.

I spent so many hours, sweat and work into this already just as it is, I don't think I will put the entire game up for free when it's finished, because there is still so much more to come.
But for now you can download it in it's current improved demo state here.

Stupot, if you want the link in the beginning of this thread to work, you'll need to update it, because I deleted the old one.

Stupot

Sorry, ManInBoots. I just saw your post.

The best way to keep your link up to date is to make a game profile on the website and give me the link to that. This way you can change the actual source link however many times you want and I don’t have to go in an update my posts.

That said, remember that working on your game after the deadline is frowned upon. If you do have to change anything it should only be for fixing the most serious game-breaking bugs and crashes that prevent players from being able to even run the game properly. otherwise it’s unfair. And to be honest, most people vote in the first few days, and they can’t change their vote, so fixing things into the second week of voting isn’t going to make much difference.

TheManInBoots

For the competition I fixed the bugs and that's all in case you didn't notice.

I posted the last link (which is a game profile on the web site in case you didn't notice) after the last day of voting so that people can play a better version of the game in case they want.

I keep working on it for my own pleasure, not for the competition.

So, just to be clear, I only fixed the bugs before the voting deadline (which was evening of March 17 if I remember well), so that the game was playable to the end.

And the latest post, which was after the voting deadline, was just as a notification for the latest link, where people will get updates on any other upgrades of the game.
So, as far as I understood, we're good, aren't we?

Stupot

Yeah, we're good, dude. Sorry about the tone of my last post. I got the impression you were making more changes during the voting than perhaps you actually were. My advice to everyone is to set pre-deadline-deadline for yourself to make sure you have "a game" days before the deadline, then you can use the last few days for testing and fixing bugs. (This also gives you the added benefit of freeing you up to start the next month's MAGS :-D )

TheManInBoots

No hard feelings ;)

Yeah, a pre-deadline seems a great idea for me!
I'm a very last-minute kind of person, that might get me into trouble sometimes  (roll)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk