Maniac Mansion Mania Episode 100: Money Mansion

Started by Cmdr, Wed 22/04/2020 15:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmdr

Today I present you Episode 100 from Maniac Mansion Mania, which finally got an English translation.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2434-money-mansion/

[imgzoom]https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/images/games/2434_1_thumb_200.png[/imgzoom]

As Fred and Edna come back after a journey, they have to notice that their house is on sale at Stan's. To buy it back they need one million dollars.
Fortunately, Fred's uncle Edenezer is that rich he wouldn't mind lending them the money. Or isn't it?

- 3 playable characters with individual properties
- a huge and completely new location
- countless references to Maniac Mansion, other episodes, other games, movies, series, music and much more.

While beeing part of the series, it can also be played as a Standalone-Game. You don't need to know any other episode (Just a few minor references won't be understanded).

Have fun!  :-D

Danvzare

Wait, there's a new English Maniac Mansion Mania episode!  ;-D
Awesome!  :-D

CaptainD

Congrats on the release and also... 100 Episodes?  That's a pretty amazing community effort.  ;-D

heltenjon

So, in my quest to play through the backlog of games for 2020, I came to this. And it's awesome. While most MMM games I've tried have been rather short, this one is really long, and really challenging, too.

The use of three characters took me a while to get used to. I initially tried to do everything as Fred, but soon I discovered that the playable characters have different traits and abilities. This gives the game a whole new dimension. The characters are consistent and played for laughs. Not everything will fall to everyone's taste in humour, but there's more to smile at than be irritated about. There are also lots and lots of Easter eggs - my favourite (of the ones I discovered, I'm sure there are plenty that went over my head) was when I reached a luxurious bathroom and was met with the music from Bubble Bobble.

The best part of the game is the puzzles, some of which are frustratingly hard, but also rewarding when you stumble on the right track. There are several built-in hints that are integrated into the game itself. I needed those.  :-D

I hope to see more of these games in English!

sthomannch

Just started playing this game today. Very good! Funny and really challenging riddles, but logical. And especially Edna's jokes make me laugh again and again. Well done
I have not completed it yet (have to get rid of robodog in the upper floor of Edenezer's money bin). Good idea to have different characters with slightly different skills.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk