Kill Yourself - It's the title, not a suggestion

Started by guga2112, Sun 08/03/2020 13:09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

guga2112

What a wonderful day to end your life!
Your boss fired you. Your wife left you. The fridge is empty, you have no friends, and your only necktie looks awful. The only way out is the sweet embrace of the Grim Reaper.

Relieve the poor protagonist of his miserable existence in this old-school point and click misadventure game! Gather and combine objects to unlock all possible endings, or die trying!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1251910/Kill_Yourself/

Hi guys,
I'd like to announce that my first AGS game is ready and will soon be available on Steam :) it's an AGS porting of an Android game I published four years ago (which has been removed from the store, long story, nothing to do with the name or the topic).

This forum gets a mention in the credits because of all the topics I found on Google whenever I had questions. You guys are awesome, really.

It's a medium-short game with lots of black humor and 30 different endings. Due to the topic and the violence, it's PEGI-16. I hope you'll like it  ;-D

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release.  (nod)

Is it Steam only?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

guga2112

Thanks :) currently it's Steam only, but I'd like to publish on a DRM-free platform. I tried GOG, but their submission process is... confusing. You tell them you have a game, put on some links, and you don't even get a confirmation mail. I'll try again once the Steam release is out.

If I don't hear from GOG, I'll go on itch.io  :-D

Mandle

I can only begin to imagine the amount of hate mail you got over this game in our current societal mindset where the mindless mobs think that a game will be the one thing to blame to drive someone to actually commit suicide.

guga2112

Oh... LOTS of them. Really. Also a lot of one-star reviews from people who didn't even play it, just because they were angry that "suicide is not a joke". Fortunately, most reviews were positive and some were even explicitly telling people to try it before judging.

But I once got a mail once from a person who found the game while he was looking for ways of committing suicide, telling me that the game helped him vent off suicidal thoughts for a bit. That made it all worthy  ;-D

I'm hoping things go different on Steam, it's a different market, with a different mindset, and I suppose the public will be less prone to outrage. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Danvzare

Quote from: guga2112 on Mon 09/03/2020 09:24:19
Oh... LOTS of them. Really. Also a lot of one-star reviews from people who didn't even play it, just because they were angry that "suicide is not a joke".
And yet, I love making jokes about suicide. Well... failing to commit suicide, usually.
I commend you on your bravery for both making and publishing such a game. Personally, I'm too much of a coward to show off my dark humour to this extent.

Quote from: guga2112 on Mon 09/03/2020 09:24:19
But I once got a mail once from a person who found the game while he was looking for ways of committing suicide, telling me that the game helped him vent off suicidal thoughts for a bit. That made it all worthy  ;-D
That's heartwarming.  :-D

heltenjon

I think it's a wise choice to make this a game you have to pay for. That way, you won't get kids abusing it.

If one can accept the darkness of the humour involved, this is a nice enough game. I have found it best to enjoy it in small bits, casually killing off the clones of the protagonist (in my mind they are clones!) if I have some minutes to spare.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk