A Curious Pastime (Mild Violence, Adult Language, Sexually suggestive - pg13)

Started by Ginger_till_i_dye, Fri 13/03/2020 14:30:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger_till_i_dye

A comedic romp through the vaguely fantasy-ish camp of the Fir Cruthen (a band of mighty warriors, druids, and bards).
Can you make up for all of your drunken antics the night before?

1 F-bomb and mild language throughout
Mild violence, and language of a sexual nature (and one graphic image)
I'd say around a PG13

Available at: - https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2414-a-curious-pastime

My first attempt at a game 8-0

DelphicOkami

Decent little adventure game, logic and comedy clearly inspired by the discworld games

Ginger_till_i_dye

Quote from: DelphicOkami on Fri 13/03/2020 14:47:48
Decent little adventure game, logic and comedy clearly inspired by the discworld games

Thanks :) was my first game so was very nervous about posting it up.
I must admit discworld 2 was my first adventure game and its coloured my experience of them since :p

AGA

Due to technical issues, some of your game's details have gone missing. Could you please go to https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2414-a-curious-pastime/edit/ to edit it and correct any missing or incorrect details?

Ginger_till_i_dye

Quote from: AGA on Fri 13/03/2020 17:17:16
Due to technical issues, some of your game's details have gone missing. Could you please go to https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2414-a-curious-pastime/edit/ to edit it and correct any missing or incorrect details?

I've put the download link back in - but it's not saving my screenshots :/
Nevermind fixed now - thanks for letting me know

heltenjon

On my way through the games realeased last year, I was lucky enough to be entertained by this one today. Good fun and metajokes. Decent puzzles, too.

heltenjon

I hope people have noticed that this game is rereleased now with more content. I see there's no new thread, so I wanted to give an extra heads up here. This isn't just a few extra locations - the game is now shockingly long. I've been playing extensively over several days now, and I'm impressed. It's at least tripled in size.

The game is funny, full of ridiculous puns and characters that party hard and talk dirty (well, at least some of them). It's not easy, but I'm having a great time.

EDIT: More than tripled. I saw my own comment on the first version suggesting 20-30 minutes of play. It's now a full length game.

Edit: The full game is at A Curious Pastime Expanded.
At A Curious Pastime you get the demo/short version.

heltenjon

The game keeps surprising me. Several times I have thought I was close to the end, just to find it opening up a lot more and piling on more quests to do. The amount of puns may be too much for some, or the breaking of the fourth wall, but I'm having a grand time. The graphics are cartoony and jolly, the irish/scottish folk music puts me in a good mood, and the puzzles have me occasionally tearing my hair out.

heltenjon

I've finished it. I guess this must be even funnier for those familiar with the characters from LARP. Great game, truly recommended unless you absolutely don't like puns.

I did encounter one game-breaking bug, which made the game unwinnable.
Spoiler
I could use both corn cobs in the same location.
[close]
Thankfully, I had several saved games, so I could backtrack without starting from scratch.

sthomannch

Started it and still playing. It is much bigger than the demo, a different beast.

Very well done. I especially like the humor. I just laugh my butt off! Some riddles are not so easy, but when you find out how to solve something you burst out laughing again. The style matches perfectly and the first person perspective was an excellent choice. Very immersive. Jury gives a 10

Creamy

I only tried the demo and don't have the time to play the full game right now.

According to the feedback,  A curious pastime sounds worthy to be the next community pick of the month.

Heltonjon and sthomannch, do you mind if I quote some of your enthusiastic comments and set the game for August?

heltenjon

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 21/07/2021 23:11:18
According to the feedback,  A curious pastime sounds worthy to be the next community pick of the month.

Heltonjon and sthomannch, do you mind if I quote some of your enthusiastic comments and set the game for August?

Not at all.  (nod) Sorry for not thinking of nominating it.

sthomannch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk