Global Pandemic Lockdown

Started by Snarky, Sat 14/03/2020 11:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Quote from: manannan on Wed 01/04/2020 14:56:46
So how is everyone keeping busy from home these days?
Wait? I'm supposed to be doing things differently?  8-0

I'm in the lucky position of everything being the exact same. (I'm not even exaggerating.)
My biggest problem recently is keeping my dad sane, since he's used to being out all of the time. But that's about it really.

milkanannan

Oh wow, that is great (that you haven't had to change your lifestyle). I wish I could say I'm reading more or building/writing something cool, but a lot of the day involves working remotely and trying to keep my wife/son from going stir crazy. Lots of worksheets and little activities for my son. I'm trying to teach him some guitar here and there. Then family aerobics workout thing on YouTube (PE with Joe...anyone else watching? (laugh)) Then a few hours of studying or helping my wife cook pretty elaborate meals we normally wouldn't eat. We hang out on the balcony a lot too and barbecue a bit. My son and I play networked Minecraft games with each other once in a while, which is a lot of fun.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: manannan on Wed 01/04/2020 14:56:46
So how is everyone keeping busy from home these days?

Same as always  :=

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Cassiebsg

Yeah, my routine is the same, the only thing that changed is I'm more weary of touching stuff when going outside, so I keep my hands in my pockets and go about my life.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

milkanannan

Where are you guys that haven't gone into lockdown? We've got police patrolling the streets after 8pm to ensure no one is outside after curfew (it's 7:50pm here now and we just got the loud emergency message to our smartphones reminding everyone they should now be home). Telecom companies now broadcast messages telling people to stay home every day. Literally nothing is open aside from large grocery chains and banks (on reduced hours).

KyriakosCH

We have some police patrolling here too. Weather became terrible and apparently will remain so for a week, so I suppose there won't be many trying to go out anyway.

milkanannan

Well thank God the weather is taking action. (laugh)

Cassiebsg

I'm in Denmark, police is patrooling, but just making sure that establishments are close and that people aren't gathering more than 10. Otherwise we're not in home arrest. We're just advised to stay home as much possible, and if you do go out keep distance from others, sanitize and careful.

But the reason why my day isn't changed that much is cause I'm not an out person, I much rather stay at home and we sorta have to "force" us to go out. We don't have a lot of RL friends to visit either. And my family lives 3000km away, so no visiting them on a whim either...

KyriakosCH

Quote from: manannan on Wed 01/04/2020 16:56:50
Well thank God the weather is taking action. (laugh)

Well, yes. It may even snow tomorrow (happened in April a few years ago too - climate has become notably changed). So there's no point in going for a nice walk  (laugh)

Snarky

I'm actually spending way more time outside than usual. Normally I'd go from home to the office and back, do some shopping, and really only spend time outside on the weekend.

Now that I'm working from home, I get antsy, and since I can't go anywhere people gather I just go for these walks, usually for an hour or two each day. I'm really getting to know the nearby area.  :-D

If they implement some kind of curfew, or I'm suspected of infection and forced to self-isolate, I think I'd go mental.

Racoon

I wish I could also say that corona did not change anything for me, but actually I´m really anxious about it. I live in germany and I think there are cases in every small city by now. Also I still have to go to work and so I worry all the time that I could infect someone by chance :( But I try not to overthink it, there is nothing more to be done than being careful.
I hope you all stay healthy!

milkanannan

Quote from: Racoon on Wed 01/04/2020 20:44:45
...I worry all the time that I could infect someone by chance :(

You contracted coronavirus?

Snarky

Well, that's the damned thing: you don't know. You can be infected and completely asymptomatic, or just experience it as a "mild cold" â€" but still pass it on to another person who dies.

Racoon

Quote from: manannan on Wed 01/04/2020 21:05:10

You contracted coronavirus?

Not that I know, but it is like Snarky said, you never now for sure when you´re not tested. And even though Germany tests a lot you can only get a test if you have serious symptoms and had contact with a person that tested positive or if you have traveled to a high risk area. There has been lots of cases where people infected others at work because they did not know they were sick. Is it easier to get tested where you live?

Edit:
To give some positive vibes after all, here a really cute article if someone needs to cheer up :)
https://www.boredpanda.com/quarantine-cats-twitter-trend/

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Babar on Tue 31/03/2020 17:58:28
Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 31/03/2020 16:54:31
Thanks for the info. I suppose the "droplets in the air" was about some trace left under specific weather conditions or similar (?).
Anyway, when I go out I do keep at least a 2 meter distance, though I noticed most others don't bother and will pass you within half a metre or such.
Just start coughing. That should scare them away  :=

Germany is now debating if intentionally coughing on others should be considered assault and battery (link in German) due to brain-dead dipshits coughing or even spitting on police officers carrying out controls.

KyriakosCH

Seems pointless as well. I mean if they are into spitting onto others, why not ask for money so as not to do it?  :=

Laura Hunt

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Thu 02/04/2020 09:37:05
Seems pointless as well.

It's called a deterrent.

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Thu 02/04/2020 09:37:05I mean if they are into spitting onto others, why not ask for money so as not to do it?  :=

Junkies in the 80's would do exactly that, threatening you with bloody syringes and saying they had AIDS. I'm not exactly thrilled to see the same thing happening again.

KyriakosCH

Yes, I was trying to be funny. I'm told my brand of dark humour isn't very good  (wrong)

KyriakosCH

If some vaccine/cure is found, I suspect it won't be like with Polio, available for cheap for everyone and without a patent. Some people will try to get extremely rich overnight with this.
I wonder if things will slowly slide back to "before", or if there will be a progression of more crisis.
It does feel a bit like an interwar period, no? Then again, we are in the 20s  :=

Cassiebsg

If it was up to me, I would classify those offenses as terrorism, since that's what they're doing, causing you "terror".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk