Global Pandemic Lockdown

Started by Snarky, Sat 14/03/2020 11:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Near lock-down here too (Byzantine Empire/Greece).

It's no fun, but since I actually was ill just before the coronavirus took off, it is in a way convenient for me so as to heal, and not working on some stuff I had to be doing. Though I suppose I'd heal faster if not in the midst of a pandemic  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

fernewelten

Trouble is, you actually have to physically tie down each citizen into a chair or else they are going to gang up in Corona parties. Which is what has actually happened in Freiburg in Germany whilst only a few kilometres away in Mülhausen in France, ventilators are woefully lacking to fill the demand. So the city had to decree extensive curfews that are in force as of today.

You can't trust humanity to have a smithereen of common sense. Everyone would be able to enjoy a great sunny spring in nature if they wouldn't insist on ganging up when doing it.

WHAM

Workplace just sent us a questionnaire, asking if we need help shipping stuff from the office to our homes.
We've been given permissions to take desks, laptops, monitors and such to our homes so we have everything we might need to continue working from home.

Good show!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

milkanannan

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 20/03/2020 11:37:42
Workplace just sent us a questionnaire, asking if we need help shipping stuff from the office to our homes.
We've been given permissions to take desks, laptops, monitors and such to our homes so we have everything we might need to continue working from home.

Good show!

Wow that's really cool of them. Ship your whole desk home? Sounds like they are banking on this lasting a few months.

LimpingFish

Quote from: fernewelten on Fri 20/03/2020 10:53:55
You can't trust humanity to have a smithereen of common sense.

Tell me about it! Police here have been raiding pubs that have been ignoring the government ban! Add this to the collage students arranging "Covid" parties, and it really makes you wonder whether we'd be better off just letting everything go to hell.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Cassiebsg

The problem isn't letting everyone go to hell, the problem is that they aren't the group at risk. They would likely just get sick for a while and be fine afterwards, but in the time frame infect a hole bunch of people that will possibly die of it.

I say throw them in a cell and let them stay there for 2 weeks. I'm sure that would teach them something... and if not...well, then they would have 2 weeks to "party".  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Governments are being too weak. In many countries they have a ban on gatherings and unnecessary travel but no laws to enforce these bans. If there are no consequences then a lot of people are just going to do as they please, especially younger people who have little to fear, as Cassie just mentioned.

This is an important test-run for future, and much worse, pandemics so we should try to get it as correct as we can.

I guess we can also learn from horrible mistakes, but I'd rather not personally.

KyriakosCH

I think that in the UK they only closed pubs yesterday. That was meaningless - they should have been closed weeks ago. It's highly likely that the total population of infected there will rise faster than in Italy!

This is far dumber, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GdlFzfya8Q

Cassiebsg

Over here they did create fines, if you gather more than 10 you can get a fine for 1500dkk per person, if a business stays open even though they're ordered to stay close, it's 5000dkk fine.
I say these fines aren't high enough, specially for shops.

So far, they have closed and fine one pub, one hair saloon and one vapor coffee shop... in the vapor (sp?) shop they also fined 23 people that were in there...  :-\

Slasher

This is nothing compared to what is coming....

Two whistle blowers silenced...

Be vigilant... and above all, become aware of the real agenda...

Khris

I already have boomer clients of mine talking like that, but yes slasher, please tell us in detail about what's coming. Be specific, or shut up.

The only good thing about talking out of your ass like that is that it will all fall completely apart in a few months when we're back at the regular hellworld. (But people like you will obviously have learned nothing.)

Edit: and get off Facebook!

Slasher

I hope you are right Khris...

I want to be around in 6 months...

Until then everyone has there own ideas based around the media...and other people's anxiety.

Until the truth finally comes out we may be talking out of our arses (me included)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 22/03/2020 10:22:47
This is nothing compared to what is coming....

Two whistle blowers silenced...

Be vigilant... and above all, become aware of the real agenda...

I just rolled my eyes so hard that I can see the inside of my head.

KyriakosCH

Few scientists seem to think it will all die out in the (northern hemisphere) hot season - eg in a couple of months. But if it doesn't... things will start collapsing anyway.

Matti

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 22/03/2020 10:33:30
Until the truth finally comes out we may be talking out of our arses (me included)

The truth ist that the real name is CORVID-19, short for CORVIDAE-19 and that it's not a virus, but a gang of 19 crows!

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Matti on Sun 22/03/2020 11:30:15
Quote from: Slasher on Sun 22/03/2020 10:33:30

The truth ist that the real name is CORVID-19, short for CORVIDAE-19 and that it's not a virus, but a gang of 19 crows!

Hahaha. Korax flegm.

The Great Underground Empire

In upstate NY, so my job hours got slashed in half but at least I'm still allowed to work those few. :/ We're in "PAUSE", which is basically fancy rewording to avoid the fact that they promised repeatedly not to give a shelter in place order.  But we're now world leader in the virus, so duh, locking down makes sense.

On the plus side, a lot of extra time to finish my MAGS!

Cassiebsg

Well, they have that theory yes, but then we wouldn't be seeing a problem in hot areas.   (wtf)

I think, or hope for, that after Easter we might go back to a bit normality, but still be encouraged to hold social distancing and caution as much as possible. But maybe I'm wrong and we're in for a few more months of this.  8-0

Retro Wolf

Been gardening and playing with the kids, experimenting with inkscape too. School decided to close, they've gave us homework and some online stuff. Don't see how you can substitute 5 hours of professional teaching a day but we'll do our best.

Cassiebsg

Yeah, we're also getting some homework the teachers send for the day/week... guess some is still better than non.
Some schools (and/or higher grades?) though, have implemented video-conference classes and the kids are attending classes that way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk