Global Pandemic Lockdown

Started by Snarky, Sat 14/03/2020 11:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

I would like to know how everyone is doing through these tough times and if anyone knows someone that has proved positive for Covid-19 and the outcome.

This is part of my research that spans over 300 hours..

Snarky

Yes, several people.

Two family friends who had it were in pretty poor shape, but didn't need to be hospitalized.

And sadly, a colleague who contracted it passed away recently.

Slasher

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 28/04/2020 12:37:49
Yes, several people.

Two family friends who had it were in pretty poor shape, but didn't need to be hospitalized.

And sadly, a colleague who contracted it passed away recently.

Sad to hear about colleague passing away... Elderly? Existing health problems? Or young and very healthy?

Take it easy Snarky

Stupot

Jeez. Sorry to hear about your colleague, Snarky. But glad your friends pulled through.

I don’t know anyone who has definitely had it but I know a few acquaintances who think or suspect they have had it, to varying degrees of severity, but without having been tested they’re not sure.

Slasher

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 28/04/2020 12:47:35
Jeez. Sorry to hear about your colleague, Snarky. But glad your friends pulled through.

I don’t know anyone who has definitely had it but I know a few acquaintances who think or suspect they have had it, to varying degrees of severity, but without having been tested they’re not sure.

Just glad it all worked out for them..

In the UK if you have flu like symptoms you may have Covid-19 (so we are informed).

Hence we have Lockdown to stop any spread..

My findings/discoveries at the moment question all this chaos....

People may not agree with me but don't throw out the bath water until you have made sure the baby is out of the bath...

Khris

Sounds like you've studied at Youtube university like a true boomer again? Awesome. Please don't hold back with inane conspiracy bullshit, err, I mean, your "findings".
I'm trying to understand how the baby and the bathwater analogy applies to the point you're trying to make, because isn't easing the lockdown prematurely exactly as bad as throwing out the bathwater while the baby is still inside? Even though that analogy is usually used to illustrate something completely different?

The replication factor in Germany went from 0.7 back to above 1.0 since the regulations were relaxed. I wonder if there's a connection...?

I don't know anybody who died, but I do have a few cases in the "friend of a friend" category. And my girlfriend's boss, (who's predictably being a complete idiot about the entire crisis) seemed to only realize that this is all real when one of the other employees mentioned that her aunt had died of Covid.

Slasher

H Khris,

glad you got your 2 penn'th in again ;)

I'm not saying take the Lockdown off.. I expect it to last quite a while yet...  though may be back on again later with an immediate Lockdown..  let's see...

I would be interested in knowing how you came to your assumptions about the whole crises.. Where do you get your information from and what do you know that I don't?

I'm as concerned as most people are about the whole darn issue.. My search for a truth should not be shunned..I am like a dog with a bone... Everyone has the right to believe what they want..  and if I am wrong I don't care... at least I looked into it and not sat on my butt accepting it all like a meek sheep..

The bathwater was relating to checking out other avenues before you are make a final conclusion..

What will we tell our children/grandchildren when they ask 'what did you do when this was all happening?'

Just agree to disagree and take the vaccine and so be it..

I wish you well and hope it all turns out ok in the end ;)

Danvzare

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 28/04/2020 12:54:26
Quote from: Stupot on Tue 28/04/2020 12:47:35

In the UK if you have flu like symptoms you may have Covid-19 (so we are informed).
Really? From what I've heard in the news, they've been attributing every single symptom that's ever been reported in the history on of humanity, as being a symptom of Covid-19.
The most recent one was, and I kid you not... a rash.

I mean, I guess it might be possible. But it's equally possible that my computer could suddenly overheat and catch on fire. But it's so unlikely, it's not even worth mentioning.  :-\

Slasher

Danvzare

I have recently received a Covid-19 advice leaflet from the government.. showing symptoms etc.

QuoteReally? From what I've heard in the news, they've been attributing every single symptom that's ever been reported in the history on of humanity, as being a symptom of Covid-19.
Why are they contributing a lot of deaths to Covid-19? Could $39,000 be the reason... and what is it based on?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

Make of it what you will...

Snarky

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 28/04/2020 12:41:17
Sad to hear about colleague passing away... Elderly? Existing health problems? Or young and very healthy?

Middle-aged, seemed fit and perfectly healthy (but of course I do not know their full medical history). It was definitely COVID-19, confirmed by test and contact tracing.

It's certainly a good thing to inform yourself and think critically, but to believe that experts all the world around and the whole medical community are wrong or lying and that you will see through it is… bonkers. We can see for ourselves that there is a pandemic going on. Stats of deaths compared to an average year show that if anything, we're significantly underreporting the toll of COVID-19. And while I don't personally have medical expertise to vet any of the vast amount of research being done on the disease or the SARS-CoV-2 virus, I have family members who do, and they have no doubt whatsoever that this is real, and that the virus is responsible.

Conspiracy theories that contend that the disease is not real or not dangerous, or that the medical advice of experts should be ignored, are irrational and highly irresponsible.

Slasher

Snarky,

There is a Corona virus and it is real and can make you ill...  just not Covid-19

It seems that Trump has rejected Bill Gates and Dr. Fauci 's predictive contagion model, and is now working with the real data, states Surgeon General Jerome Adams.

blur

In crisis like this it is always a good thing to let off some steam by insulting someone who is wrong.

Slasher

Quote from: blur on Tue 28/04/2020 17:14:06
In crisis like this it is always a good thing to let off some steam by insulting someone who is wrong.
That will only give you stress/HBP, lowering your immune system and leave you open.... Go ahead, SHOUT   (laugh)

blur: How do you really know who is right and who is wrong?

Cassiebsg

I sure hope that Trump isn't your "right"...  8-0
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 28/04/2020 17:29:30
I sure hope that Trump isn't your "right"...  8-0
Ok.... I will sit back and we can all see how the next few months go... and just hope we can all be free and have a happy world ;)

Sinitrena

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 28/04/2020 17:09:16

There is a Corona virus and it is real and can make you ill...  just not Covid-19

You realize that this makes zero sense, right? First of all, there is not just one coronavirus. Corona is a group of viruses, but the one we discuss right now is a new-found one. Second, and more important, COVID19 is, by definition, the illness that comes from this new-found variant of corona. Again, this is simple definition. To say that people get sick from corona but it is not COVID19 makes no sense.

Snarky

I'm reminded of the old joke about how The Iliad and Odyssey were not written by Homer, but by another poet with the same name.

But it's not really a laughing matter. A person I knew (not well, but as an acquaintance) died, as have hundreds of thousands of others, having tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, the novel Coronavirus. While we don't know exactly what factors determine whether the illness ends up being mild or deadly, there is no question that the virus is responsible.

KyriakosCH

The new coronavirus did hit some countries hard. Some others almost had no deaths, though (100-300). In the US an original estimate by the head epidemiologist there was for around 150.000 dead, later revised to the 50.000-60000 we see now.
Anyway, let's hope nothing worse follows this.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Stupot

I can't work out what the actual conspiracy is that you seem to be suggesting, Slasher. That Covid-19 doesn't exist?

It sounds like you've gone down a bit of a YouTube rabbit hole watching those "documentaries" like that Wayne Dupree one my mum sent me the other day claiming China caused the outbreak because... 5G... or something... and masts and Spain and Huawei. Those things serve up such a jumbled mix of fact, half-truths and downright fabrications to make something that might sort of seem legit that it's hard to know exactly what it is they're claiming (because the more specific they are the more easily they can be debunked). Throw in some pro-Trump propaganda for good measure (usually that HE knows the real truth and is not playing along with the lie).

Cassiebsg

The man that every time opens his mouth, I have to check the calendar to make sure it's not 1st April...  (wtf)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk