Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Quote from: BarbWire on Wed 20/05/2020 16:14:40

Well, I'm sorry to say this guys, but it seems to me that the human race is
well and truly screwed. Nature has been fighting back, of late, culminating
in coronavirus. If, as some of the experts suggest, we will never be free of
this disease, homo sapiens could be wiped off the face of the Earth and it
will be no great loss. The damage caused by us will soon be healed. The
planet will be reborn in its former glory where flora and fauna can flourish.

Are you secretly Poison Ivy?

BarbWire

Oh, no! I have been unmasked. Blondbraid has discovered my true identity. :shocked:

I will have to change my Avatar now.  :grin:

Done!... The likeness is uncanny. :grin:

Blondbraid

Quote from: BarbWire on Wed 20/05/2020 21:22:25
Oh, no! I have been unmasked. Blondbraid has discovered my true identity. :shocked:

I will have to change my Avatar now.  :grin:

Done!... The likeness is uncanny. :grin:

I knew it!  (laugh)

Slasher

Glad none of you have lost your sense of humor ;)

Stupot

We were talking a few pages back about whether we knew anyone who has had/got covid-19. Well my sister seems to have it. She works in the care sector and was coughed on by a man elderly patient who had already tested positive. There was a cockup and she wasn’t fully protected before being bunged in the same room as him, then he coughed in her face. That was about two weeks ago and she said three days later her symptoms started. She only told me the other day and she’s already been through all the symptoms but now just has a lingering cough that she can’t shift. She’s said she’s pretty sure she’s over the worst of it but is staying careful.

I said “seems” above because the strange thing is that she has had two coronavirus tests and they both came back negative. But the doctor herself said the test is only about 70% accurate and basically told her to assume it is Covid-19 and isolate accordingly.

So, if it wasn’t for those darned negative tests, I’d be able to honestly say I know someone who’s had/got it. And I’m talking about my own twin sister, not some friend-of-an-uncle’s-dog’s-mother-in-law’. I’m in little doubt it was coronavirus. Get’s coughed on by known patient, gets Terrible symptoms days later.

Cassiebsg

Yes, those damn false negatives are very annoying. 14 patients and health personal were recently infected in a hospital, even though both all personnel and new patients were tested a few days earlier and were all negative.  :-\

Just proves that you should treat all as infected (as in takes your preventive safety procedures and stuff) , no matter what the test says.

Best wished to your sister, Stupot.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Just this day I read an articles about having trained dogs do the tests by smell, and considering they've already had dogs successfully determine weather a patient has cancer by smell alone I'm surprised no one's thought of this sooner.

At this point I'd probably trust a trained dog more than all the haphazard cotton swab tests that's been done.

Snarky

Hope your sister gets well soon, Stupot.

Cassiebsg

It's been at least a month since I heard they were going to train dogs for that effect. just not sure how long it takes to train a dog to sniff a virus...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

Yes, I'd heard about them using dogs... ability to sniff out one V from trillions we already have... Let's see where that goes...

Stay safe and keep your immune system as good as you can...

Khris

Estimates for the number of viruses are about 320,000 total, and we know of 219 that infect humans.
These dogs don't smell the virus obviously, they smell very subtle changes in body odor which occur due to the infection. Especially in connection with respiratory diseases.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Khris on Fri 22/05/2020 09:07:58
Estimates for the number of viruses are about 320,000 total, and we know of 219 that infect humans.
These dogs don't smell the virus obviously, they smell very subtle changes in body odor which occur due to the infection. Especially in connection with respiratory diseases.
Yeah, their sense of smell is incredibly powerful, there's even dogs that's been able to find things at the bottom of large bodies of water by scent alone.

Slasher

Things are going crazy near where I live in the UK... Thieves are out on the pinch even more... even stealing someone's hot tub and 3 piece suite... and someone even took an outdoor fish pond  (roll)

It was reported that drones were flying over the borough...

Stupot

They even took the kitchen sink. Absolute bedlam.

TheFrighter

Italia is open again! 

...except for Greece and Austria.

_

Blondbraid

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 31/05/2020 18:20:56
Things are going crazy near where I live in the UK... Thieves are out on the pinch even more... even stealing someone's hot tub and 3 piece suite... and someone even took an outdoor fish pond  (roll)

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 01/06/2020 01:09:18
What have I missed?  ???

milkanannan

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 01/06/2020 22:50:59

What have I missed?  ???

That's the thing - you go one day without reading the news and come back to some completely new chapter of our global clownshow.

Mandle

Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 02/06/2020 12:13:58
...you go one day...

What's a "day"? I forgot what that word means.

Blondbraid

Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 02/06/2020 12:13:58
Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 01/06/2020 22:50:59

What have I missed?  ???

That's the thing - you go one day without reading the news and come back to some completely new chapter of our global clownshow.
Exactly!!!

Slasher

Read this today....  UK: Nookie with someone from a different household is illegal from today under new Lockdown rules...

Is this really true?  It appears so....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk