Global Pandemic Lockdown

Started by Snarky, Sat 14/03/2020 11:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: eri0o on Thu 11/06/2020 02:10:09
Also this is your fault for not doing a good job as the Hog keeper. It's kinda suspect that just after you stopped feeding it we all got caught into this

OMG You literally saw me feed her! There's been another couple of dozen marks on my tally wall since then!

She is so big now her sides are pressing up against the walls of the bunker. I can only get to 3-4 teats for my own feeding! Her stomach is bulging so much... I wonder if she's pregnant somehow... I didn't think that was possible so I didn't wear protection. Oh dear... I smell a sequel brewing!!!

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 11/06/2020 03:21:21
Quote from: eri0o on Thu 11/06/2020 02:10:09
Also this is your fault for not doing a good job as the Hog keeper. It's kinda suspect that just after you stopped feeding it we all got caught into this

OMG You literally saw me feed her! There's been another couple of dozen marks on my tally wall since then!

She is so big now her sides are pressing up against the walls of the bunker. I can only get to 3-4 teats for my own feeding! Her stomach is bulging so much... I wonder if she's pregnant somehow... I didn't think that was possible so I didn't wear protection. Oh dear... I smell a sequel brewing!!!

What the heck did I just walk in on!  8-0

Mandle

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 10/06/2020 14:19:44
This discussion about masks in here in starting to turn into a Facebook-type discussion where people just post all kind of opinions, nobody has all the facts or data

I have an objective fact: masks look badass as heck.

It would be super cool if everybody who feels like it posted pics of themselves in their covid regalia here, so we can immortalize and look back on this unique historical moment when it's all over ;-D

Stupot

Did you make that mask yourself, Laura? That is pretty badass, but I think it’s partly to do with the wearer.

Case in point: here is me wearing a mask on the train looking decidedly un-badass.

Fun fact: I had only worn a face mask once before the coronavirus outbreak. I wore it as a joke about 5 or 6 years ago and used a picture of my steamed up glasses as my Twitter avatar for a while. These days my Twitter avatar is a version of the same picture made for by our very own AnasAbdin. You should all follow Anas on Twitter and get Abdinified.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 12/06/2020 13:44:20
Did you make that mask yourself, Laura? That is pretty badass, but I think it’s partly to do with the wearer.

Haha thanks but no, my manual skills couldn't be worse if I had ten thumbs. I got it from an Asian flower shop in my hood, but they have them everywhere now. I was fed up of throwing money away on the disposable models, and as soon as these washable ones started showing up, I was like ok, if this is going to be the New Normal tm, then let's class the apocalypse up a bit at least.

QuoteFun fact: I had only worn a face mask once before the coronavirus outbreak. I wore it as a joke about 5 or 6 years ago and used a picture of my steamed up glasses as my Twitter avatar for a while.

Ah yes, another excuse for me to never wear my glasses :D

Pogwizd

Laura, I wanted to write "A Room Without You In It" but then I realised it's not the "name the game" thread ;)

milkanannan

Me and my wife (who actually looks cool in her mask but told me to remove her from the pic). I guess it is me and my arm stump then. (laugh)

milkanannan

Soaping up literally everything that comes in the house. :-\

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 11/06/2020 02:08:52
I was hoping for some more comments about being expected to wear the poison bleach necklace.

I think we're starting to get immune to idiocy and weirdness... but after hearing Trump suggest bleach injections and reading on the newspaper, the other day, that the US washes their chickens with bleach I'm no longer surprised at much.  :-X
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Pogwizd on Fri 12/06/2020 16:29:47
Laura, I wanted to write "A Room Without You In It" but then I realised it's not the "name the game" thread ;)

Hahahaha "hey, I think I've played this ga... oh wait" (laugh)

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 12/06/2020 16:41:46Me and my wife (who actually looks cool in her mask but told me to remove her from the pic). I guess it is me and my arm stump then. (laugh)

Don't even ask me how my brain works, but you kind of look like Ryan Gosling with that on. We should make a "Hey girl" meme with that pic. Nice neighborhood btw!

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 12/06/2020 16:48:39Soaping up literally everything that comes in the house. :-\

Ah yes, priorities, I see.

milkanannan

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 12/06/2020 17:45:13
Quote from: Stupot on Thu 11/06/2020 02:08:52
I was hoping for some more comments about being expected to wear the poison bleach necklace.

I think we're starting to get immune to idiocy and weirdness... but after hearing Trump suggest bleach injections and reading on the newspaper, the other day, that the US washes their chickens with bleach I'm no longer surprised at much.  :-X

I met a guy today in an expats group I'm in that's an actual flat earther. They apparently really do exist.  :-\

milkanannan

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Fri 12/06/2020 18:03:11

...you kind of look like Ryan Gosling with that on.

The whole covering my entire face makes me look like Ryan Gosling? Gee thanks! (laugh)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 12/06/2020 18:49:49
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Fri 12/06/2020 18:03:11

...you kind of look like Ryan Gosling with that on.

The whole covering my entire face makes me look like Ryan Gosling? Gee thanks! (laugh)

lol, I... I didn't mean to... look, I said don't ask, didn't I :-D

Retro Wolf

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 12/06/2020 16:48:39

I think if you drink all that it will kill the virus for sure!  ;)

LimpingFish

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 12/06/2020 18:49:49

It's the eyes. There's a touch of the Gos' around the eyes.

Or maybe it's just a case of pareidolia...like when you see Jesus in a piece of toast.  :-\

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 12/06/2020 16:48:39

Weirdly, even as a chronic OCD sufferer since my teens, I can't bring myself to clean my groceries.

But I'm definitely on board with drinking the virus to death.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Mandle

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 13/06/2020 00:16:01
But I'm definitely on board with drinking the virus to death.

I'm not sure if they were referring to drinking the virus to death.  :P

LimpingFish

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 13/06/2020 00:18:16
I'm not sure if they were referring to drinking the virus to death.  :P

All that matters is that drinking is involved and I get to kill something. >:(
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

milkanannan

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Fri 12/06/2020 20:33:24
I think if you drink all that it will kill the virus for sure!  ;)

Lol can I just point out that where we live (UAE) you sort of have to buy booze in bulk. It's not hard to get, but it is a hassle because it has to be covered up and brought home discreetly (and then given a bath). I swear we're not a bunch of booze hounds over here! :-D

Quote from: LimpingFish on Sat 13/06/2020 00:16:01
Weirdly, even as a chronic OCD sufferer since my teens, I can't bring myself to clean my groceries.

I found it weird too until you started to see those published pieces explaining that the outside of each coronavirus cell is made up of lipids, hence why soap and hand sanitizer are capable of breaking the cells up and/or detaching them from surfaces. It's probably overkill, but as I posted to a different thread we're pretty sure the virus is circulating our building at the moment.  :(

Slasher

In the UK, Well, in my local hospital at least, no one (visitors) are allowed near the wards whatsoever (even with protection).. My father, aged 92 recently had a bad fall and taken to Medway hospital where we were told we would not be able to see him.. so he has been unable to see his 'boys' and knowing my dad he will be in bits... This is what this has all come to...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk