Global Pandemic Lockdown

Started by Snarky, Sat 14/03/2020 11:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

Sorry to hear about that Slasher, I've had a similar issue with my grandmother recently, due to dementia she had trouble understanding why people couldn't come inside to see her.

One good thing about this lockdown is that I've been seeing more nature, walks and bicycle rides, I've been discovering new nature trails near to me that I didn't know existed and I've lived here my whole life. It costs nothing and is a bit of an adventure.

Though the last bike ride I was on I came across a drunk fellow on his bike shouting "YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE!", I had no choice but to stop and talk to him since It was along a canal and he was all over the place. He asked if I had a light which for some reason is always the question whenever I'm stopped by a drunk person. I don't smoke which disappointed the man, he then offered me a beer though not the unopened one in his shopping bag, the one he had been drinking while cycling one handed.
He seemed to be unaware of social distancing, and sprayed on my face when he slurred his speech, hopefully he's not infected!! Luckily a couple of people distracted him so I did a 180 and got out of there fast!

Matti

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Sat 13/06/2020 20:17:51
One good thing about this lockdown is that I've been seeing more nature, walks and bicycle rides, I've been discovering new nature trails near to me that I didn't know existed and I've lived here my whole life. It costs nothing and is a bit of an adventure.

Same for me!  ;-D I discovered quite a few new places in the vicinity.

Mandle

hopefully he's not infected!!

Not as far as I know. Sorry for the spray!

(Also found some nice country trails around my place for cycling.)

Laura Hunt

Though the last bike ride I was on I came across a drunk fellow on his bike shouting "YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE!", I had no choice but to stop and talk to him since It was along a canal and he was all over the place. He asked if I had a light which for some reason is always the question whenever I'm stopped by a drunk person. I don't smoke which disappointed the man, he then offered me a beer though not the unopened one in his shopping bag, the one he had been drinking while cycling one handed.
He seemed to be unaware of social distancing, and sprayed on my face when he slurred his speech, hopefully he's not infected!! Luckily a couple of people distracted him so I did a 180 and got out of there fast!

Ugh, jesus, hope it's nothing. A few days ago as I was crossing the street, a 50-ish-year old guy crossing from the opposite sidewalk leaned towards me and grunted "masks off!" as he walked past. He wasn't drunk or anything, just your average braindead Berliner. Luckily he didn't engage further, but the abruptness and aggressiveness of the whole thing left me shaken for a while...

Mandle

For the first time in three months I went out with my wife and we ate out at a local (little bit trendy) eatery.
I had their excellent curry-rice and I ate up every last bit of it.
It was so delicious and was made by a professional cook just for me and I almost cried while eating it and looking around at decorations in the place I would have never noticed before.

I will sleep well tonight.

Slasher

That must have been so nice Mandle for you and your wife...  Curry and all... my favourite...

Everyone should cherish the moments of beautiful time they have... Hope you have many more to come..

As places start unlocking I encourage everyone to take advantage of the fact with open arms. We have a wonderful, beautiful world, despite all that is going on..

cat

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 11/06/2020 02:08:52
I was hoping for some more comments about being expected to wear the poison bleach necklace.
I think the ridiculousness of it stands for itself, no need to add more comments  :-D

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 12/06/2020 16:48:39
Soaping up literally everything that comes in the house. :-\

This reminds me of my student days' parties - of course we did not put the booze in the bathtub to clean it, but to keep it cool when there was no space in the fridge left. Ah, good times  ;)

@Slasher Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he will get well soon!

Slasher

My brother has signed, on behalf of my father a 'Do not resuscitate' form...  We just hope he pulls through.. 

Lockdowns in the UK are coming off slowly though masks must be worn on public transport..

Mandle

That's a hard form to sign, man.

cat

Yesterday was the first day where no masks are required in shops (except for pharmacies). I went to a shopping center because I had to make a complaint and it was packed (considering it was Monday noon!). Out of all the customers maybe 10 or so were still wearing a mask. Also most shop assistants were not wearing masks anymore.

milkanannan

Quote from: cat on Tue 16/06/2020 08:40:27
Yesterday was the first day where no masks are required in shops (except for pharmacies). I went to a shopping center because I had to make a complaint and it was packed (considering it was Monday noon!). Out of all the customers maybe 10 or so were still wearing a mask. Also most shop assistants were not wearing masks anymore.

Must be nice that things are thawing there for you guys. Do you feel confident the timing is right where you are for people to loosen their precautions in public spaces?

milkanannan

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Sun 14/06/2020 10:42:16

Ugh, jesus, hope it's nothing. A few days ago as I was crossing the street, a 50-ish-year old guy crossing from the opposite sidewalk leaned towards me and grunted "masks off!" as he walked past. He wasn't drunk or anything, just your average braindead Berliner. Luckily he didn't engage further, but the abruptness and aggressiveness of the whole thing left me shaken for a while...

Seriously, what prompts people to act like such prickholes? For all he knows, you could be a recent Covid recovery story. Very sorry to hear you went through this.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: milkanannan on Tue 16/06/2020 09:42:03
Seriously, what prompts people to act like such prickholes? For all he knows, you could be a recent Covid recovery story. Very sorry to hear you went through this.

Thanks. Unfortunately things like these are extremely common in this city, as Berliners are a bunch of dumb, aggressive morons. One morning I was on my way to the subway (when I still had a job lol), when another middle-aged dude walked past me from behind and bumped my shoulder because apparently I wasn't walking fast enough for him. I let out a surprised "dafuq?" and he STOPPED, turned around, puffed his chest, and literally started grunting at me "ungh? ungh? ungh?". When he was satisfied that he had successfully intimidated this small woman whom he had ran into in the first place, he turned around again and kept barreling on ahead, still bumping into anybody who wouldn't move aside. And I could go on!

Mandle

Sounds like you had an encounter with the legendary "GROSSER FUSS".

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 16/06/2020 15:33:31
Sounds like you had an encounter with the legendary "GROSSER FUSS".

Haha nah it was probably his cousin, the slightly less legendary ARSCH LOCH.

Snarky

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Tue 16/06/2020 12:26:31
Thanks. Unfortunately things like these are extremely common in this city, as Berliners are a bunch of dumb, aggressive morons.

Christ, I'm glad I don't have to put up with that. I gotta say I rarely experience anyone being malicious around here. Most people seem to have completely abandoned any efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus, but nobody seems to mind if you wear a mask or try to maintain physical distance.

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Tue 16/06/2020 12:26:31(when I still had a job lol)

:(

Cassiebsg

It'll pick up again, question is when.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

milkanannan

Can't seem to get this video to embed (it's Vimeo), but it is a very interesting look at the macroeconomic and cultural changes we can expect to face post-Covid. It's about 30 min: https://vimeo.com/427912671

Creamy

QuoteYeah... I worked in the travel industry. It's been a bloodbath.
For the travel industry or for people who dared to fire you?

Thanks to the COVID, I now have my very own cosplay of the Sanitarium guy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk