Problems with website

Started by mkennedy, Wed 18/03/2020 08:17:19

Previous topic - Next topic

mkennedy

The last couple of days I have been having trouble accessing the site. Hopefully the problems will be fixed.

cat

TheManInBoots

I think it's server related

pell

I've had the same problem: no access for a couple of days, then it works, then out again.

LimpingFish

Yeah, it's starting to be a bit of a pain, especially because of the situation we currently find ourselves in.

Has AGA shed any light on what's causing these outages?
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

pell

If it's a financial thing like needing to pay hosting fees, please let us know if we can help. Don't let the site just disappear like adventuredevelopers.com did.

LimpingFish

Quote from: pell on Sat 21/03/2020 02:11:53
If it's a financial thing like needing to pay hosting fees, please let us know if we can help. Don't let the site just disappear like adventuredevelopers.com did.

I doubt it is, more likely a server overload or some such.

Still, it would be nice to know why it keeps happening.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Slasher

Chris (CJ) used to pay the hosting fees. Not sure if he still does

Stupot

I wonder if it’s related to more people being at home and caning the Internet. Might be putting a strain on the hosting websites.

pell

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 21/03/2020 05:32:33
I wonder if it’s related to more people being at home and caning the Internet. Might be putting a strain on the hosting websites.

I was about to suggest something similar: the IT engineers at the hosting company may not be at work to deal with the server problems.

Snarky

AGA was last active on the forums 16. March, so my bet is that he's busy with something else, so when the server goes down it takes a while before he notices/has time to fix it.

Tampere

Quote from: Slasher on Sat 21/03/2020 04:43:21
Chris (CJ) used to pay the hosting fees. Not sure if he still does

For a good while it was hosted by Peder (AGSA).

AGA

Sorry about that, I was on holiday in the US and had no access to the server for a while.  The problem seemed to be caused by the server running out of disk space, which I've since fixed; things should have been stable for a few days now?

Cassiebsg

So, while all the rest of us are almost close to home arrest, you're on holiday?  8-0 Hope you had a good time and managed to evade the covid-19 virus.

Yes, server seems to be stable again, thanks.  :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

pell

I noticed it has been back up for a while. Thanks for your efforts, AGA.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk