MAGS April "Sky High" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/04/2020 09:55:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS April?

Skyfall
2 (12.5%)
Upducted
1 (6.3%)
Midnight Squadron
5 (31.3%)
The Penthouse
6 (37.5%)
Over Roger
0 (0%)
Vertigo
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Mon 25/05/2020 09:59:15

Stupot

Topic: Sky High
Set by JackPutter

And the winner of MAGS April is:
‘The Penthouse’ by Intense Degree

Skyfall
by Slasher
Upducted
by Pell
Midnight Squadron
by JackPutter
The Penthouse
by Intense Degree
Over Roger
by Cassiebsg
Vertigo
by Fernewelten

Height and altitude are the centre of this theme! Make a game where things take place far above sea level. Whether this means up in the mountains, aboard an airplane in flight, or at the top of a tall building, your character must face challenges unique to being high in the sky!

Existing artwork is allowed.

pell

Since I'm studying the engine right now anyway, I might as well jump in and make a little test game, with emphasis on little and test. I don't know AGS very well yet.

Slasher

Quote from: pell on Wed 01/04/2020 10:18:34
Since I'm studying the engine right now anyway, I might as well jump in and make a little test game, with emphasis on little and test. I don't know AGS very well yet.
Best way to learn and expand your knowledge is by 'doing'  (nod)

I assume that 'far above sea level' is limitless height/altitude?

Ok... Count this sucker in as well  (laugh)

CaptainD

VampireWombat

Oh good, it has nothing to do with the Disney movie.

I'll have to consult my plot generator to see if I can get a good idea.

The Great Underground Empire

Lol, can I resubmit March MAGS?  All my characters in that are flying.  :-D

Just kidding, I might do this one too!  Lemme brainstorm a bit!

Cassiebsg

Topic is giving me some crazy ideas... whether they'll end up into a game, that's another story.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

After some deliberation I have finally come up with a title:

Skyfall

I think I will use my new custom sierra-style template...

Now to build the game  (laugh)

I hope we get at least as many entries as last month  (nod)

(Edit)
Well, I'm now committed with this (laugh)

Slasher

Well, hard work and passion has helped me complete part 1 of 3...

Cassiebsg

Geez Slasher, leave a little for the rest of us!  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

JackPutter

I have a concept, a brief plot outline, and a few rough storyboards sketched out. I'll knuckle down and start making some art as soon as I finish playing all of last month's MAGS games!

pell

I've got mine mostly worked out on paper but for a few minor details, so I'm more comfortable about getting this done in time. It takes place aboard a flying saucer.

Where do you folks normally post your games and files? I have accounts with Sourceforge, GitHub and BitBucket, so I might use one of those.

Slasher

Skyfall

Storyline
Yazz Aldrin is a NASA astronaut and has volunteered for a two week mission to the moon a few months after his wife walked out on him, to collect moon samples.
Enstranged from his wife he drifts alone in the dark, lonely voids of space.
He never stops thinking about his wife and how she walked out on him.
What were her reasons? He asks himself time and time again: Why?
200,000 kms into his moon mission and his rocket begins to fail. First the thrusters, then the main power, then the rocket's AI computer'SAL' and now it's getting worse because he has lost all contact with earth!
Unless he can repair the rocket he will loop endlessly in space like a spiral in a circle... forever! His Jet pack is running low on power.

pell

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 08/04/2020 08:17:05
Skyfall

Storyline
Yazz Aldrin is a NASA astronaut and has volunteered for a two month mission to the moon a few months after his wife walked out on him, to collect moon samples.
200,000 kms into his moon mission and his rocket begins to fail. First the thrusters, then the main power, then the rocket's AI computer'SAL' and now it's getting worse because he has lost all contact with earth!
Unless he can repair the rocket he will loop endlessly in space like a spiral in a circle... forever! His Jet pack is running low on power.

Wasn't there a David Bowie song that went something like that?

(to the tune of "Space Oddity")

Ground Control to Major Yazz.
Forgot your fuel, you're such a spaz.
While he trashes fifteen million bucks,
his wife takes all he has...

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

I am offering a 3 Month Xbox Game Pass for PC to the winner of Aprils MAGS.
The pass will let you play any of the games listed here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games?=pcgames for an unlimited number of times within a 3 month period. 

If the winner is not interested in the key they might consider rolling the prize over for the next MAGS.

From now on any keys that are given to me I will consider offering as a prize for MAGS jams.

Best of luck to all you April MAGS'sters

ZapZap

I've been thinking of a story, some puzzles and did about half the art, does anyone want to do the music? It's about an little angel in heaven that just wants to sleep (not revealing more to keep it interesting).
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Kastchey

Hey, that must be the first time in history when MAGS has sponsorship! :)
(or is it?)

Slasher

Wow... it would be great to have another turn out like last month  (nod)

My entry Skyfall is basically completed so it's testing and tweaking time  (laugh)

"Thank god, Aldrin. We lost you for seven hours!"

Yazz Aldrin is THE coolest guy on the planet  (laugh)

Slasher

Skyfall

Download: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2429-skyfall

Storyline
Yazz Aldrin is a NASA astronaut and has volunteered for a two week mission to the moon, a few months after his wife walked out on him, to collect moon samples.

Can Yazz make it to the moon and collect the moon samples he has been instructed to get and return to earth safely?

Uses my new Sierra Style Template. Left Click Interact, Right Click Examine........

Download:  https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2429-skyfall

Please report if you find any bad dogs  (laugh)

JackPutter

Slasher - I am absolutely in awe! I barely have a character designed and I'm still working on the walk cycle, yet here you are submitting your finished piece! I had better get a move on!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk