MAGS April "Sky High" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/04/2020 09:55:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS April?

Skyfall
2 (12.5%)
Upducted
1 (6.3%)
Midnight Squadron
5 (31.3%)
The Penthouse
6 (37.5%)
Over Roger
0 (0%)
Vertigo
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Mon 25/05/2020 09:59:15

The Great Underground Empire

I finally had a good idea 9 days in, lol.  Might not make it in time but I'm going to see what I can do. :) Props to Slasher for finishing so quickly and wow, super cool of Tycho to offer a prize! Good luck everyone!

Slasher

Uploaded Debugless, full screen mode.... version

TheManInBoots

Quote from: ZapZap on Wed 08/04/2020 18:57:58
I've been thinking of a story, some puzzles and did about half the art, does anyone want to do the music? It's about an little angel in heaven that just wants to sleep (not revealing more to keep it interesting).
I don't have a synthesizer with me, but I could do you some recordings of some tunes and ballads on my guitar.
If you're interested you can tell me more about it via PM and I could show you what the guitar music would sound like.
I don't plan on submitting this month so that would work for me.

Slasher

Skyfall

Tweaked and improved a couple of things...

Wrote the full plot/puzzle script overnight, now to get down to work!  The title is "Not My First Apocalypse: High Ground", using characters and world of an animated podcast I've been developing. The game's an animation heavy idea, but I plan to steal as much artwork as possible and the protagonists are already made. Fingers crossed!

Update 4/14: Plugging away like crazy building the game, but super happy with how it's coming out.  I'm having a lot of fun patching together the art and NPC's.

KyriakosCH

Well, I actually have an idea, and will try.

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Slasher

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Mon 13/04/2020 21:35:30
Well, I actually have an idea, and will try.
I hope you do...

Come on gang, let's get Sky high  (laugh)

Stupot

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Wed 08/04/2020 17:28:56
I am offering a 3 Month Xbox Game Pass for PC to the winner of Aprils MAGS.
Wow, I've only just ntoiced this. Thanks, Tycho. That's a mighty generous offer.

Glad to see a few folks entering this one, too.  Good luck everyone.

Not sure I'll make the deadline now, had to take a few days for pandemic-related stuff. :/ But I'm having so much fun making this that I'll finish even if not for the competition!

Cassiebsg

I'm also coding, but I'm not coding an adventure game, so not sure I'll be able to put something worth playing by the deadline. Although you can already do something... adding a few more game stuf, and then randomizing some "settings", and I might have something worth playing,  even if only for 5 minutes.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

JackPutter

I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this concept, I am still working on the artwork. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that everything will go smoothly when I start coding it! It's another point-and-click game so hopefully there won't be too many surprises. I will hopefully have something playable by the time the deadline comes around!

Stupot

Would a couple of extra days help?

JackPutter

@Stupot - I mean, if the deadline was to be extended it would certainly increase my chances of adding all the content I want! Regardless I will be doing my best to upload something to the AGS database on whatever this month's deadline turns out to be.

Cassiebsg

Right now, my game can entertain for entire 30 secs.  And only way to end is to die.  (laugh)

EDIT: My plan with this game is to expand it and have both arcade and story mode, so a couple extra days are nice, but won't help me finish my game faster. But maybe the little that there is will be a bit more complete and less buggy. Right now I need to solve one bug (one of the targets doesn't want to die) and then need to code the "win" (or send a new wave of enemies). I also have another bug, which I suspect I know why it happens, but not sure yet how to stop it (maybe a timer will be the solution). Then I need to add the BG, since a boring static BG won't cut it. Maybe it's time to experiment the parallax module.  :-D
Lets see where things will be in a week.

pell

I'm good either way about an extension, but I don't see mention of an original deadline. I'm assuming it's before midnight on April 30 in someone's time zone.

Cassiebsg

Official deadline is the last day of the month, 23:59 GMT (as far I know, at least that's what I count with), then there's the unofficial deadline, that allows to submit before the host has time to close the comp and sets up the voting. And then there's the "I'm just uploading, please give me an half hour extra to post!" and last but not least, occasionally we get the extra couple days, if people ask for it (either way, the above deadlines pushes with the amount of extra days given).   (laugh)

Slasher

Oh, I do hope you guys manage to pull it off in time....

Fingers' out and nose to the grindstone  (laugh)

Update: disregard my extra days request...I reached too high, no chance I'll finish in time.  On the other hand, having a total blast and will definitely finish within a couple weeks.

JackPutter

I've finally broken the back of the workload for my entry. It's definitely my most complex game so far, and because of that I'm sure my spaghetti code would make a seasoned programmer nauseous, but the damn thing runs! I still have a few programming bits to complete, one or two additional art assets to quickly whip up and insert, and of course there's all the sound to put in too! I might just make it!

Nothing beats the feeling of the first time you put your character in a world and watch them walk around reacting to your instructions, does it?

pell

Here's mine early, just in case:
https://gamesbypell.itch.io/upducted

Let me know if you have any issues with it. I may still touch up some things if I have time.

Here's the AGS game database link:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2440-upducted/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk