Background Blitz - Elevators (CLOSED)

Started by jwalt, Wed 01/04/2020 20:25:04

Previous topic - Next topic

jwalt

Didn't really give Blur very long to claim his rightful position, but I had a thought about elevators, so here it is:

Make a Background image involving elevators. Some examples:

And for those AGSers in Nebraska, or Kansas, who have never seen a "lift," here's another possibility, a grain elevator:

\

Judging criteria as normal:

Concept - Does it match the subject matter?
Play ability - Are there things in the image that make your mouse finger twitch?
Artistic merit - Is it "pretty?"

Current plan is to take entries until April 20. Followed by five days, or so, to vote.

Racoon

Oooh, cool theme. Something very realistic for an adventure game. I will work on something :)

TheManInBoots

So to start off with a VERY serious contribution: :)

deleted

Racoon

I tried very hard to come up with something, but in the end this is the only idea that stuck.
So I get in line with the entries that should not be taken to serious  :-D

Jack

I like it, especially the fading lines.

Racoon

Cassiebsg

Decided to try TwinMotion.  :)

Modeled in REVIT and assets + render in TwinMotion (1 day work!).

Topic is current MAGS inspired (now if only I could think of a story to make this into a game  :-[ )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

TheManInBoots

Here's a suggestion:

deleted

jwalt

Three entries! About four days left. Hoping for a few more entries to vote on.

Jack

I didn't like the only idea I had all month for this contest. But I was working on a better starfield and it gave me this idea:

jwalt

Thanks, guys and gals, for all the great entries. Now open for voting. Here are the entries:

TheManInBoots

Racoon

Cassiebsg

Jack

blur

[imgzoom]https://files.catbox.moe/cibjam.gif[/imgzoom]

blur's image was smallish, so I offered the zoom option. Voting criteria listed in first post. Voting until the 25th.

A late breaking entry by ildu

ildu

Hi! Can I quickly add a late entry :D?

"Ushered by the viral outbreak of COVID-19, Captain Corona was forced to come out of retirement to clear his name. He took the secret elevator to his former clandestine hideout in the attic of his townhouse. No one had been here in some time. However, this would have to do. The world needed a hero!"

I was gonna go with color, but I actually liked the vintage look. Made fully in Procreate on an iPad Pro.

I'm ildu by the way. I used to be a really avid member of AGS like years and years ago. Some oldies might remember me :). I used to run many of the Background Blitzes back in the day and I'm really glad to see BB still alive today - wow! I've been sort of lurking in the forums for roughly a year now just following up with what's been happening here. First time posting in what would have to something like 7 years.

jwalt

Quote from: ildu on Mon 20/04/2020 12:58:46
Hi! Can I quickly add a late entry :D?

Absolutely. I'll add it to the list of entries.

Cassiebsg

Concept - blur
Playability - ildu
Artistic merit - ildu

Nice way of coming back, ildu.  (nod)

(considering it's still the 20th, if there are more late entries, I'll review my vote).  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Creamy

Concept - Cassie
Playability - ildu
Artistic merit - Jack

cat

Concept - Jack
Playability - ildu
Artistic merit - Jack - too bad ildu's has no color

Racoon

ildu that is some awesome artwork. I hope to see more from you.
And I like the idea of Captain Corona - the hero that buys groceries for the elders and gifts toilet paper to those in need :D

Concept - cassiebsg
Play ability - ildu
Artistic merit - ildu

cipberbloom

Concept - Jack
Playability - Cassie
Artistic Merit - ildu

Amazing stuff, everyone. Back a-lurking I go!   ;-D

jwalt

Thanks, all, for the entries and voting!

ildu appears to have made the elevator most folks want to ride, and will have the honor of running the next Background Blitz.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk