Lockdown Laughs

Started by Frodo, Thu 09/04/2020 16:33:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Aloser

I liked this one, don't know if the company is as popular in the U.K. as
it is on the continent

Crimson Wizard

Other day I was legitimately puzzled by following dilemma: in which order to wash your hands and change clothes when you come from outside?
Assuming the virus could be on your hands and/or your clothes,
- if you change clothes first then wash hands, then your virus hands will infect your home clothes.
- if you wash hands, then change, your clean hands will be infected again by the street clothes.

and do you have to wash the water tap after you washed hands, because you touched it with the virus hands first?
and do you have to wash the bathroom's door knob too?
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
guess you need an extra pair of clean gloves to wear from the entrance door to the bathroom.

milkanannan

Lol yeah it is indeed infuriating at times. I usually wash my hands twice or three times after we get home! Wash, take clothes/mask off, wash again, put 'home' clothes on. We wash all of our groceries too, so it is just constant soap suds everywhere over here. (laugh)

Cassiebsg

CW, you can take your clothes off, wash hands and then put clean clothes on.  ;) If you plan stuff before you leave home, you need not touch anything. And if in doubt, you can use a piece of toilet paper to turn on the tap, dispose of the paper in the toilet and then wash your hands (that way you never touch the tap with "dirty" hands).

I for one have some sanitizer next to the entry door, so first thing I do when I get home is to sanitize my hands. Only afterwards I go in and do what I feel is necessary.
I also sanitize my hands when I leave home to go to work or shopping (no matter if I'll sanitize them again once I get to work or to the shop  (roll) ).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

I'm not sure how the virus could get on your clothes unless you rub them all over random surfaces infected might have touched with their hands,
and if you just walk around normally and avoid doing stuff like this, I think your clothes will be quite safe from the virus:

milkanannan

Yeah it sounds unlikely to be caught from clothing. However, in our case, several units in our building had municipal 'quarantine' postings on the doors and gov delivered food items left outside each unit three times a day (even our neighbours' unit!) It's hard to know exactly what the story is in these units, but we're assuming there is some circulation within our building. We just see it as our having been lucky this far and not wanting to take any chances at all, hence our commitment to excessive washing, changing clothes, etc.

Cassiebsg

I just noticed this isn't the Lockdown thread, but the "funny" one.  (roll)

Anyway, about getting the virus in your clothes isn't that hard actually. If you touch something that is infected, then you get it in your hands, if you then touch your clothes to adjust them or something, then you can get it on your clothes atm. If you sanitize your hands afterwards but continue with the "contaminated" clothes, and you re-adjust your clothes again, then the virus might pass to your hands again...  Or you could sit on an infected area and so on...
But yes, it's not very likely, but it's possible, so I guess the question is: how comfortable are you with the idea that it might be in your clothes.

So like milkanannan and a lot of people that area in the risk group, these steps make sense. And if I was i a area with a lot of people and high infection rate then I would likely do these steps as well.

Slasher

You couldn't make this up  (laugh)

Cassiebsg

ah! Now I know what to do with all those "too small" ones...  (laugh)

milkanannan

Eminem's Without Me in Klingon.

milkanannan

^That video is 9 years old.

Mandle

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk