Hide/Spoiler inside another hide/spoiler doesn't work anymore

Started by Cassiebsg, Fri 16/08/2019 16:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

I was just posting an hide inside of another hide and noticed that this doesn't work anymore.  :~(

Is it something that can be re-added or do we just have to live with it nor working anymore?

Spoiler

This is normal.

Spoiler

But this should be hidden until clicked  :-\
[close]
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Yeah, I noticed this a few months ago. It's a shame because it made certain things like choose-your-own-adventure stories easier to do.

TheManInBoots

For some reason this post showed up in my unread posts.
Just mentioning that even though the issue has not been improved yet at all, even as it is already you can incapsulate up to four spoilers one into another (so a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler within...) by intersecting tags.

Cassiebsg

Uhm, hide and spoiler should do the same  (wtf)
I type my code always and typing spoiler is 3 letters more annoying than hide.  :P Not to mention all those older posts, when "spoiler" wasn't a code word.

TheManInBoots

They do the same thing, and that's why you can incapsulate them because the forum code differentiates the syntax of different logs even when they look alike.
I'm curious, when was Spoiler introduced?

Cassiebsg

End of 2018

and the problem was reported by stupot here, but ready further ahead, it seems that it was never addressed: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=47530.msg636613401#msg636613401

TheManInBoots

I suppose that's why that workaround can be a temporary solution.

It would be cool when this gets fixed that you will also be able to do nested tags with ALL tags, not just spoiler and hide tags.
There is so much fun stuff you could do with it in that case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk