Discussion about the Seinfeld point-n-click pitch

Started by milkanannan, Sat 25/04/2020 04:42:06

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Sounds like they've got a few legal hurdles in their future, but I hope this gets released. 8-)
https://www.seinfeldgame.com/

ManicMatt

I think your topic name is misleading, as it's just a pitch. without the go ahead from the creators, they're not going to make the game or do a kickstarter to get it funded.

But anyway, I absolutely love the trailer, and I was admiring the artwork here and studied it.

milkanannan

Is it really that misleading? I mean, they are indeed making a Seinfeld point-n-click game. Yes, they need a go ahead form the creators, but they've clearly got a half-functional game, so this is well past concept stage.

ManicMatt

Perhaps I haven't been following it as closely as you, but if the evidence that it's half functional, is the video and gifs, well, how do we know they're not just animations with no game engine involved?

They aren't making it, they are pitching a concept.

VampireWombat

Since one of the guys involved made the game Paradigm, I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is a functional version. I thought it was purely a joke until seeing the Paradigm trailer on the Youtube page.

milkanannan

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sat 25/04/2020 13:58:16
... I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is a functional version...

I guess Matt's right in that no one aside from the author's really know how functional the prototype is, but yeah from what they've posted it sounds like they've at least got something. I updated the thread topic, so hopefully we've got the semantics right now.

More info on the project here if anyone's interested: https://me.ign.com/en/pc/172438/feature/90s-inspired-retro-game-seinfeld-adventure-nails-the-shows-vibe

Totally playing as George if this gets released. "I'm a man! Jerry, I'm a man!" (laugh)

ManicMatt

I just didn't want anyone to get their hopes up too much!

I'd love the hell out of this game if it became a reality! Especially if they got the actors to voice it.

lakerz

On a related note, has anybody played the Seinfeld themed horror/adventure game built using the Playstation 4 game Dreams?

Sounds quite interesting (and good!).  Only the first part is playable, but the devs say much more is to come.

milkanannan

Quote from: lakerz on Mon 27/04/2020 06:39:04
On a related note, has anybody played the Seinfeld themed horror/adventure game built using the Playstation 4 game Dreams?

Sounds quite interesting (and good!).  Only the first part is playable, but the devs say much more is to come.

Lol what did I just see? (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk