AGS Development > Site & Forum Reports

Voting system on the games pages

(1/2) > >>

blur:
When I look at the all games list I wonder if not enough people are voting on the games or if they vote at all. Even games having scores of downloads show "Not enough votes yet". How much votes does a game need for the votes to be shown? Should the threshold be lowered perhaps?

Cassiebsg:
I think the threshold is 5. And I don't think it should be lower.
I think people just forget to vote and give feedback, me included.  :-[

blur:
Yes, five seems low enough, but it does not help if not enough people vote.
I vote for every game that I played because for me it is the least miniscule sign of respect and gratefulness to the authors.

Stupot:
Yeah. Pretty much nobody rates the games. I’ve tried organising ratings drives in the past but they don’t get a lot of traction, although they have resulted in some broken links being fixed.

I think the rating system itself needs simplifying. We’d be better off with an easy one-click 5-star system.

CaptainD:

--- Quote from: Stupot on 01 May 2020, 08:56 ---Yeah. Pretty much nobody rates the games. I’ve tried organising ratings drives in the past but they don’t get a lot of traction, although they have resulted in some broken links being fixed.

I think the rating system itself needs simplifying. We’d be better off with an easy one-click 5-star system.

--- End quote ---

I like the idea of an easier rating system, but whether it would actually be easy to implement in the site code may be another matter.

In all honesty I had been downloading games here for ages before I even realised you could vote (I can be quite unobservant though!  :grin:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version