Over Roger (MAGS April 2020 version)

Started by Cassiebsg, Sat 09/05/2020 16:44:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Made for MAGS April 2020 (theme: Sky high)

Anyway, I present you, yet another Battlestar Galactica 78 inspired game.

Over Roger

Story: After the Galactica left the 12 colonies, some humans were left behind. This warrior saw his home be destroyed and the last remain of humanity fly away. Not one to roll over and die, he vows to die fighting  to his last breath... or laser!

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dhrp74rh8og2tzi/Over_Roger_v0.5.zip/file

Keep in mind that this is still a prototype, and there's lots more I want to do with it.

- Game provides minutes of shooting entertainment (?). It's a plain shoot them up.
- A dazzling one enemy variation to shoot at!
- Use keyboard or mouse controls (choose on the settings page).
- 1280x720 & 32 bits of vast space (I could swear I've been here before  (wtf) ).
- No requirement of knowledge of the TV series what so ever.

Have fun! :-D

Note: This game is also in production to become a fully long shooter with story mode (optional), but I'll probably call it something like "Over Roger deluxe" or "Over Roger expanded" or something like that...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Jack

Looks interesting, I am downloading.

A linux compile would be cool, even if you can't test it.

Cassiebsg

Last time I tried to compile Linux I fail, morganw compiled it for me.

I'm using the latest of AGS, if all I need to do is tell AGS to compile to Linux, then i can do that, but if more is needed then I either need someone to do it for me, or very exact instructions (a fail proof tutorial!) on how to do it. :)

Shadow1000

I hadn't realized how much easier it is to play using the mouse. I was able to clear all the levels that way.

Spoiler
my strategy is simple: since you know where they will emerge, I zoom over to "lay down fire" even before the enter the screen and then zoom back to my open area. that knocks them down pretty fast with little danger. Using this method I beat all 5 waves pretty easily
[close]

Cassiebsg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk