The Adventures of The Black Hawk

Started by croquetasesina, Thu 14/05/2020 19:36:55

Previous topic - Next topic

croquetasesina

Hi adventurers,

I wanted to present you a new project of a point & click graphic adventure that is currently being developed in Spain. The adventure is called The Adventures of The Black Hawk. The story takes place in the south of France, during the French Revolution, where our protagonist, an unfortunate aristocrat who leads a double life, tries to help behind his mask the lower class with the help of his privileged social position.

The project started in April of last year and soon we will launch the web, in classic style too. We are trying to recall the graphic adventures of the 80s and early 90s that amused us so much trying to be true to his style in every way. This is a third person point & click adventure with a resolution of 320x200px using its famous 9-verb interface.

What do we offer you?
We assure you, a graphic style based on LucasArts with totally original backgrounds and characters, own soundtrack appropriate to the style, fun, humor with a lot of irony, bizarre situations and sword fights in the style of Indiana Jones games.

Here our website where you can find more information about our adventure! We hope you like it!

Enjoy it!!  :)

Frodo

Looks fantastic.  Looking forward to playing it.   :cheesy:

CaptainD

Oh wow I love your game already!!!  Looks exactly like my sort of game.  ;-D  That first screenshot is a thing of beauty.

All the best with development.

InCreator

Looks absolutely fantastic! Can't wait!

croquetasesina

Thank you very much!! I am sure that if you like these images you will love the game. Both the graphics and the gameplay will remind you of Lucasarts in many ways. And there will be easter eggs ...;)

Yanek_Crispbread

This looks fantastic, I will keep my eye on this :)
Correlation is not causation.

Matti

ToeKnee

This looks great and game play like Lucasarts will be great to re-live the dream! Seem like this is nearly done so keep at it and broadcast when done so we can try it out... (unless you need testers!)
Cheers,
Tony
If it’s not broken, let’s fix it till it is...!

BarbWire

I absolutely Love, love, love (not enthusing too much am I ?) the look and feel
of this game and can't wait to play it. I have had a look at the trailer and it
doesn't disappoint. You can't beat the Retro games.

Well done Croquetasesina. Keep up the good work.

croquetasesina

Wow!! What a surprise, I didn’t know if such a retro game would have such a good reception. I’m really glad! I will keep you informed of new developments ;) Thank you for being attentive and comment.

Monsieur OUXX

You go get them tiger! I predict this game will be super fun.

SarahLiz

You can't go wrong with a LucasArts-esque game, ever!  So excited to see & play once it's completed!!!

croquetasesina

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Wed 27/05/2020 09:50:38
You go get them tiger! I predict this game will be super fun.

Thank you very much, with your collaboration it could not be otherwise!! We hope it will end up being a great game to remember many years ahead. You’ve done a BRILLIANT job!

croquetasesina

We have a new video on our social networks where you can see one of the adventure background.

croquetasesina

The French composer Jessca Fichot, trained at the Berklee College of Music, has composed a version of the main theme of our adventure for the music of the final credits of The Adventures of The Black Hawk. Both the original lyrics and the arrangement of the main theme are his, with a style close to that of the traditional songs of France of the eighteenth century. ¡ We hope you like it!

Vídeo in instagram
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCMZvD0ovyO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Video in facebook
https://www.facebook.com/theblackhawkadventures/posts/157838112482999

Video in twitter
https://twitter.com/blackhawkadvent/status/1279328278894055424?s=20

Dave Gilbert

Oh i adore Jessica's music! Hung out with her at GDC a few years ago. Super cool person.

blur

Ok, the background and character graphics look very nice, the music is formidable, but you should work over the walking animation of the hero a little bit, because it looks more like he is gliding over the ground in goose step.
I did a quick search for a video tutorial and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QTCwiJUmmo which seems not too bad.

croquetasesina

We appreciate your input, but the way he walks is something we had already changed ;) We just haven’t uploaded any video with the new animation

croquetasesina

Updated social networks! We continue with great advances

newwaveburritos

Holy smokes this game looks legit.  Watching with great interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk