The Adventures of The Black Hawk

Started by croquetasesina, Thu 14/05/2020 19:36:55

Previous topic - Next topic

newwaveburritos

I was just thinking about this game the other day so it's great to hear that progress is being made.  Keep up the good work!  I really dig the new screenshot.

Matti

Creamy

Nice graphics. I was surprised to hear a french theme song. Before reading the presentation, I assumed the hero was spanish since he looks a bit like Zorro and the game is developed in Spain.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Creamy on Thu 01/04/2021 22:59:15
Nice graphics. I was surprised to hear a french theme song. Before reading the presentation, I assumed the hero was spanish since he looks a bit like Zorro and the game is developed in Spain.

This is remotely inspired by "The black tulip" which was written by Alexandre Dumas (same as the 3 musketeers and Count of Monte Christo). Even though not massively famous, the original story and its character still had some success in Western Europe, there was a movie with Alain Delon and so on. Hence the French/Spanish vibe : The movie was mostly a French production but it's one of those things that are in the collective pop culture of non-English Europe. So much so that a Spanish team decided to make a game out of it.
And yes, he's like a French Zorro (preceding Zorro's creation by 70 years  ;) ). You could also say he's like a French Scarlett Pimpernel (except the Scarlett Pimpernel is ultra-royalist bullshit  :P ).

In conclusion : This is a very cool project inspired by an underrated main adventure character. And they changed it enough to make it their own. Win-win!  ;-D

croquetasesina

Thank you very much for your words and explanation, Monsieur OUXX. It is just as Monsieur OUXX has said, who I know knows very well the movie and the book.

Darth Mandarb

We (the moderators) are having a discussion about this very thing (using social media links as updates rather than post the update here).

For the time being, while not [yet] required by the rules, it would be helpful if you could post the update to this thread (just edit your last post) so those of us who refuse/don't use Twitter (et al) can still see/follow the game's development?

Thanks!

croquetasesina

A little Christmas promo!

On behalf of the entire team at The Adventures of The Black Hawk, Merry Christmas!

croquetasesina

I’d like to show you a little preview of what’s coming...

SarahLiz

Looks amazing!  I can't wait--do you guys have a release date yet?  (Sorry, I don't use twitter or instagram, etc., so this is where I'm following your updates...)

croquetasesina

No!! Excuse me here, I thought it was more common than I imagined using social networks. I post you a little bit more here as previews of some scenes from the game.

No doubt the release date will be 2022;) Exact date I can’t tell you yet.

Unfinished sketch (already background finished! hehe)

Looking the gallow

Home, sweet home

Monsieur OUXX

I'm very excited by this game.
All the visuals and music are super tasteful yet not over-the-top, one can clearly sense the artistic sensitivity in this project. A real vibe of Monkey Island 1 -- except in VGA and with less shoehorned spoofs ;)

croquetasesina

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 20/01/2022 14:12:13
I'm very excited by this game.
All the visuals and music are super tasteful yet not over-the-top, one can clearly sense the artistic sensitivity in this project. A real vibe of Monkey Island 1 -- except in VGA and with less shoehorned spoofs ;)

Thank you very much for your words. It is a pleasure to read such things and such comparisons do us honour.
This afternoon I will share more content about the game, big surprises are coming :)

croquetasesina

How exciting it is to do our first tests with the game box!!

EnnarGames

This looks beautiful! Can’t wait to give it a run
“Art is an object riddled with sharp edges that can cut you.  You can pound all those edges away and make it smooth and make it safe, but what you’re left with is just a shapeless blob.  It’s safe and it’s smooth, but it’s uninteresting.” Ron Gilbert

croquetasesina

Evil will never reign over justice!!

croquetasesina

Some images of the adventure! We continue to develop at a very good pace!!! We hope you like them ;)

Hobo

These look good! Especially love the texture work in the kitchen scene, great use of pixels.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk